Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Jack's went crazy..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by CheekoAndCo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

We ran out of poodle food yesterday and the pet shop can't get it in until tomorrow so for Jack I got some wet pedigree puppy food just for today. Well it's made him go crazy!

I had vegetable seedlings along my window so he goes up, knocks them all off, soil everywhere so get that cleaned up then turn around to find him eating a bar of soap!! Again get that cleaned up only to hear paper getting ripped up.. He's ripped up all my magazines and the newpapers. Get him to settle down on my bed but he runs into the bathroom and out he comes with Oilatum. My bed was stripped because of the compost but the lid wasn't on the bottle right so the Oilatum is all over my mattress. He gets bored of that and stands at the window barking at a magpie on the fence. Few hours of peace while I was out at obedience with Blu but I come home and he's ripped a packed of sanitry towels all over the place, chewed his food bowl... Need I go on... :rolleyes:

So.. Free to good home anyone???? :lol:

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Ha ha I'll have him,:001_smile:
    I gave Willow a pedigree jumbone once, to keep her amused at class while I trained Rocky NEVER again, she went mental!!!!

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Bella once ate pedigree due to unexpected plans and a walk turning into dinner at a friend - so Bella ate what her dog ate. Thankfully it had no effect on her!

4. shells

shells PetForums VIP

lol u had a buisy one then :D nothing seems to make buster hypa thank goodness xx

5. SixStar

SixStar Banned

It's scary isn't it :eek:

Riley, my last greyhound, ate the Pedigree dry food. He had every vet test under the sun, tried all the prescription & premium diets, he wouldn't touch fresh meat or wet dog food - or if he did, he could never keep them down no matter how slowly it was introduced. But he would eat Pedigree, and it agreed with his tummy, so that's what he had.

He had the same exercise, training, stimulation etc as all my other dogs but he was always wired to the moon. It was only after seeing him living with my other dogs (who eat premium kibbles & BARF) that I could really notice how scary the foods like Pedigree really are :(

Pedigree gave us some time with him though, he was never a well dog and we lost him to anorexia at 2 ½ years. Could have been sooner if it wasn't for Pedigree, so try as I might, I can't hate it too much.

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

That's got to be the start of a "sticky" - reasons why not to feed pedigree chum :lol:

7. babycham2002

Thats good to hear it had some use for you. RIP Riley

Well this morning the boys had wet bozita and Willow had chicken thighs I picked up cheap in the garage because I forgot to get their raw out last night.
    Im slightly concerned because Rocky has now had the super zoomies for about 15 minutes and is not chewing a nylabone that Willow is holding in her mouth!!!
    I'm pretty sure its the first time he's had bozita and probably the last!!!
    Bear in mind he has had a two hour walk this morning!!!

8. babycham2002

Update on Rocky
    He is now charging round the house at 100mph carrying a stainless steel bowl, occasionally stopping to try and chew the sticker off the bottom of it ! :lol:
    [​IMG]

9. CheekoAndCo

Well I won't be buying pedigree dog food again for him. He woke mum up during the night because he had got into the carriers for the guinea pigs and pulled all the blankets out of them. Woke me up this morning by poucing right on my stomach so I'm not overly amused to at him just now lol!

I really hope the pet shop has got our food in :eek:

10. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Crazy dog! :eek:

I think if they didn't have your usual food in then I'd be inclined to homecook for him myself for a few days. Salmon, tuna, boiled chicken, cooked mince, bits of ham or sardines etc mixed with cooked pasta or rice. Not the best diet, but alot better for a few days than Pedigree :smile:

11. CheekoAndCo

Luckily he will eat anything.. He loves vegetables aswell so been mixing some boiled veg in with the pedigree.

All our old poodles ate was pedigree and I don't know how we coped :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice