Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I've nothing to wear!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Catz1, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

I'm going out with some people from my college course tomorrow. A few drinks before we break for Halloween.

Sounds fun right? Yeah, I thought so too until I realized I haven't dressed up beyond a top and jeans for months. I literally have no "fancy" clothes.

All the girls are pretty fashionable and wearing dresses so I don't want to go in my regular clothes and feel frumpy and uncomfortable.

I've gone down town 3 times this week and each time returned home empty handed. I just can't find a dress to flatter my shape!

I'm still pretty uncomfortable in my own skin, I've lost weight but not enough to make me wanna show off much skin so most of the stuff in fashion now is out.

Arrrrg! I'm doing one last desperate search tomorrow after college, I have four hours to find that perfect dress and if that doesn't work I'm wearing a black bag. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have trouble finding clothes that make them look good?

2. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

check ASOS. they have great stuff and quick delivery and normally really flattering

3. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Try not to stress out to much - only buy a dress if you are actually comfortable wearing it, nothing worse than a panic buy then spending all night feeling self concious.

I'm sure there is the perfect dress out their for you - try on lots of dresses, someties the ones that look awful on the hanger look best on ;)

If you don't find one don't panic get a really nice top some beautiful shoes and go out in your jeans feeling confident :)

And to much skin on show is never a good look no matter how slim and beautiful you are so don't dress just to keep up with everyone else - dress to suit you :)

to answer your question - yes I do find it difficult to buy clothes :rolleyes: I'm loving that it's winter now back into leggings, tunics and warm boots :D

4. Diesel the Crazy Dal

Diesel the Crazy Dal PetForums Senior

5. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

Id go naked if I had her figure :D

I didn't think of jumpsuits though, must have a look around! My problem is I'm still pretty big around the hips, bum and thigh region and I've no boobs. Sexy and I know it :rolleyes:

6. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Black skirt and colourful top then, with chunky necklace.

7. Shrap

Shrap PetForums VIP

Are you plus size?

8. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

I couldn't look good in a Chanel frock! Hence I wear leggings and tops ;)

How about jeans with a nice long top and funky jewelry, you might feel more comfy in that, not far from usual wear but more dressy.

9. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

I'm about a size 14 I think. I like the idea if jeans and a long top, its dressy up but I don't have to show off my legs.

Its annoying that skinny jeans and floral tops are all the rage lately, I look like a whale in skinny jeans and floral is not my style. Shoppers better beware tomorrow.. I'm gonna be a woman on a mission!

10. Fleur

If you're a pear shape then keep your bottom half plain and have all the fuss and frills on your top half to balance you out :)

11. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

Sorry just had to update! I got a the girl group from my class to come with me on my search today and its exactly what I needed.

I found a dress, its lovely and fits me really well.. in a size 10 :eek:

It seems my brain was telling me that I was still my old weight and ignored the fact that I've actually worked really hard this year to drop a few sizes.

The girls told me in no uncertain terms that the reason nothing fit right was because I was going for shapeless frocks to cover up my perceived lumps and bumps.

Looking forward to tonight now.. thank you for all of your help :D

12. Fleur

Glad you had some friends to talk sense into you :D
    Have a great time :)

13. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Picture please :)

:eek: You are a size 10?.......... I don't think your bum is big ;)

14. Catz1

Catz1 PetForums VIP

I was a 16 at the start of the year.. and that was a bit of a squeeze!

I'll have to get some pictures later on tonight and I'll put up the ones from Jan to compare. In my mind I haven't changed all that much.

I may have got lucky today, I know for a fact a 10 jeans wouldn't go near me but its a nice feeling having something decent to wear.

Perhaps the shop knew I was coming so changed the labels to prevent a hysterical sobbing meltdown ;)

15. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Well done losing the weight, it's not easy. Have a fab night :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice