Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I've nearly just wee'd myself laughing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nicci, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Nicci

Nicci Guest

My parrots are a wild breeding pair but been living indoors now for a couple of years as they are no longer bred, anyways had to have the avian vet out as one of them didn't seem themselves, the usual vet who sees them couldn't make it out so sent an understudy who insisted that both birds needed a thorough check, so asked if he could take them out of the cage for a closer inspection..I said fair enough, but you'll need some gloves..."Haa no I don't need them I'm a professional" :eek: :D
    So off he tootooled into the consevatory caught one of the birds (which I can only gather was the female hard to tell them apart) gave her a clean bill of health, only to be confronted with her very angry husband who didn't take too kindly to the vet manhandling his missus he pinned him down to the bottom of the cage trying to get a better grip on him thought he'd managed it tried to lift him out, Jack bit him, causing a very nasty injury to his hand between his thumb and first finger which will probably need stitching :eek: Blood everywhere in the conservatory, one very pee'd off parrot (whose also been given a clean bill of health) and one very apologetic vet splattered in his own blood for getting a mess everywhere in my house...:eek:

Why don't people ever listen, I never let him think they were tame, pet birds, I warned him they weren't.
    I had to have a sly snigger as he left because I did warn him about needing some gloves and he replied saying he was a professional :D
    I wonder how embarrassed he's now feeling ? :eek:

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Haha well that's what you get for being big-headed like your vet :smilewinkgrin:
    Bet he'll never do that again! :eek:hmy:

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I almost passed out when a Blue Pennant bit my thumb nail, hurt so bloody much, and pain doesnt normally bother me. Made me feel all queasy.

Cocky vets make me laugh.

What species do you have?

4. Nicci

Nicci Guest

They are Blue Headed Pionus Parrots, often called Blue Caps or Blue Headed Parrots.

Nice quiet birds for parrots, didn't like that particular vet though LOL

I'm really sorry and I shouldn't have laughed but I had to after he'd gone :D

5. claire

claire Guest

pmsl, the vet shouldnt have been so pig headed lol i would have laughed too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice