Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ive locked someone in my cupboard

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thedogsmother, Apr 21, 2011.

1. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Im soooooo fed up of all the flippin cold callers, we are now getting around 10 calls a day from people trying to sell up things or change our suppliers etc etc etc. So when the nice lady rang from BT (despite me telling BT yesterday that I dont want their services) I simply said could you wait a moment and popped the phone in the cupboard. Hope she can breath in there :eek:.

metame and sarybeagle like this.
  2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

There is a thing you can sign up for and they can take you off the register, and if they phone you when on this register you can sue them, not sure what its called though!

Found it!

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

3. thedogsmother

Thanks Charley, Ive just registered, Ive actually done it before (about a year ago) but I couldnt remember where to do it again. So if they call again after 28 days I can threaten them with legal action :001_smile:.

4. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

im already on this and still get them :confused:

5. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

I'm on that and dont get any cold callers but loads of the pre-recorded messages :rolleyes::

6. thedogsmother

:( Thats not what I wanted to hear.

7. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Also on it and I get daily calls for a mr Barnett offering walk in baths, mobility aids, stair lifts!! Each time I say no one here that name take me off list yet we still get the call!!! :mad:

8. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

can you get caller ID on your home phone? I had to get BT to activate mine but now dont even bother to pick up some calls if not from a "normal" number

9. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Yep it's called telephone preference - I ask them for their company name and then advise if they call me again I will report them as I have registered for this service.

The one that stumps me though is the mail preference which I signed up for to stop junk mail - I now find that Royal Mail are paid to deliver it! The system is not worth the ink it was written with. :nono:

10. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

We changed our number because we were getting harassed by someone. Little did I know but the new number we got (one that I had asked to be a brand new unlisted number :rolleyes:) belonged to someone called Mr Betts, who apparently had bad debts.

Now I get this one company call who are such idiots. But because they are not based in the UK I can't do anything about them, not even get their number barred.

They simply do not believe this number no longer belongs to Mr Betts, and insist I'm 'covering' for him :rolleyes: It was funny to begin with but now they just get on my nerves. You tell them Mr Betts does not live here as you know, and they just start hurling abuse at you. You put the phone down and they ring again calling you all sorts.

CBA to get yet another new number, so I tend to screen all my calls now with the caller ID.

11. CatzEyes

CatzEyes PetForums VIP

PMSL!!!!
    I hate those stupid calls, I have answered them several times and set the phone down while still on until I hear the dial tone, LOL but never have I thought of locking them in the cupboard, LOL

12. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

Me too :mad:

13. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Thanks for that Charlie just done it myself then! :D Gonna pass it on to my mum cause they get tons! :D

14. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Threaten with legal action :D

15. niki

niki PetForums Senior

I got rid of my home phone for this reason... For the few I get on my mobile, sky and the bank etc I just get really abrupt with them... Not had many lately.... Think i must be on some sort of 'bitch list'!! :D

16. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

may just start doing that lol

theres a scam caller going round at the min, a company called EDS they are ringing up to say u owe money on sky insurance , we rang sky up about this and they said they dont ring you up saying you own money , we also rang our bank and they said nothing as been taken out and the exp date that this firm said doesnt match my parents bank card

so be warned !!

17. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Ooooohhhhhhh, can you post up the link to that one please, I wanna subscribe...... :D :D :D :D

18. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I have an ansaphone that allows me to screen all my calls. I NEVER pick up the phone until I hear who is calling. All the ropey feckers ring off as soon as they hear it so I don't have any problems. :)

19. NoSpecialFeaturesHere

NoSpecialFeaturesHere PetForums Senior

lol, has she hung up yet? :p

20. thedogsmother

I think she ran out of air because she went all quiet;).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice