Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

I've just burst into tears after watching Its Me Or the Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ad_1980, May 8, 2010.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Just watched Its Me or the Dog now, on Sky Real Lives 2, and i am in tears.

A family had an aggressive dog that was attacking their children and after VS's attempts to help the family, the dog attacked one of their kids really badly and they had to have him pts. I burst out crying even though i know they made the right decision for the sake of their family and even the public etc.

The end of the episode was even more sadder because he went to the vet, had the dog put to sleep and then brought his body home and buried him....i am feeling so upset. :(

This is something that should not have aired on tv - the burial part i mean. Too upsetting :(

2. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

Hiya, aw sending you a hug.

Do you not agree with burial ? I know you are relating to the programme, just wondered as it is a massive dilemma for me and I may have to make a decision soon. :(

3. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Throughout my whole life of owning dogs, we always buried them. In woody's case though he was PTS and cremated. I'm somewhat glad though as i wouldn't have wanted us to bring his body home after it happened

I'm not saying i don't agree with a burial. I'm just saying a burial being shown on tv is upsetting.

4. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

I'm sorry it hit you so badly. You must have a very big heart!

I think showing the burial actually helps viewers to realize that this family did love and respect their dog, even though they unfortunately had to make a heartbreaking decision. It's never easy to PTS, especially for a behavioral issue. While it is sad to watch a family go through this, they honored their dog as best they could in the end and it's important to show that, IMO.

5. Haley

Haley PetForums Member

Yeah I know hun, I know it was the programme. Sorry to ask your opinion on a very personal choice but just wondered. The vet said he will come to the house to help her to rainbow bridge but I am still unsure. Thanks x

6. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I've seen that one.
    I cried when I saw it, as I've had a dog PTS due to him being aggressive and it was the most heart breaking thing to go through, so know exactly how the family felt.

7. TobyK9

TobyK9 Banned

Yeah, even I found that one sad, I watched it a while ago. Just didn't except to see the dog being led into the vets and then carried dead into the garden. I know it's part of life and dog ownership ect but I was up untill that point watching the programme to see what training techniques were being advised.

8. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

I saw that the other week. A little cocker? It brought a lump to my throat too :crying:

9. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

yep :( That's the one :(

10. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Yep ive seen that one, was really sad. :(

11. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

If that was Cesar Millan he wouldn't have put him down, but even if the dog was rehabilitated it wouldn't be trusted with children and impossible to rehome:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice