UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: i came home with a wifey for pepper last week.

she is in the spare hutch and as soon as cameron has gone to school im gonna start bonding. she's 14 weeks old and called tilly, i had her vaccinated as soon as i got her.
ok now dont shout at me... i got her from [email protected] *ducks for cover*

i went in to get my fish tank supplies and i had the genious idea to go and look at what they had in the adoption center. there was this gorgeous little thing, all on her lonesome, brown grey and white. my next clever idea was to ask about her as she looked so young i couldnt believe she was in there.

i was told (i kid you not) "she came in with the last batch and didnt get on with the others when put in with the other batch" well duh! even i know they need bonding properly :incazzato: i enquired and said where they all female and she said yes. i looked at hubby all dewey eyed and we had a chat.

my concern was that yes she didnt get on, she's a [email protected] baby but i couldnt leave her. my reasoning is that if she was with the others at £35 each she may have had a slight chance of going to a home who would look after her properly. being in the adoption center i knew she would most likely be spotted by a child, begged mummy/daddy for her as its only a donation and she'd have been back there in no time. at least i can give her a lovely home straight away. i promise i wont do it again :eek:

i'll post pics once they're bonded. not looking forward to scrubbing out the hutch and run, gonna be fun :lol:

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Well, alot of us have had those weak moments :p
She sounds beautiful :) Good luck for the bonding.

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
Awww she is one of the lucky ones...she will have a lovely home. Sorry for being ignorant...but what species are we talking about?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, alot of us have had those weak moments :p
She sounds beautiful :) Good luck for the bonding.
thanks. my fil is gonna help me build a bigger run coz pepper cant stand up anymore (only in the last couple weeks, bugger had a growth spurt :lol: )

i said to hubby that once its built i can work towards a trio :p i got told to bugger off :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I didn't think it would take you long to find Pepper a wife! It's great news that you are getting some help to increase your hutch/run as it sounds like you're going to need more room! Good luck with the bonding; I hope all goes well. In the meantime, if you want to make yourself feel better about the whole [email protected] thing you could always do something like write a letter of complaint, add to online petitions or donate to a rabbit charity...(!)

I can understand your moment of weakness, though. Poor little things certainly don't ask to be there, do they? Glad this little bun has an educated owner who's prepared to continue learning about her needs and bond her properly... :)

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
rabbit :) .......message too short....
Oh no I feel stupid...I thought we were in the Rodents section...sorry!!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't think it would take you long to find Pepper a wife! It's great news that you are getting some help to increase your hutch/run as it sounds like you're going to need more room! Good luck with the bonding; I hope all goes well. In the meantime, if you want to make yourself feel better about the whole [email protected] thing you could always do something like write a letter of complaint, add to online petitions or donate to a rabbit charity...(!)

I can understand your moment of weakness, though. Poor little things certainly don't ask to be there, do they? Glad this little bun has an educated owner who's prepared to continue learning about her needs and bond her properly... :)
i may well. i was going over to pact but obviously i never got there. think i'll donate to them to ease my guilt :)

no they dont ask to be there, it really made me cross the way she said how she'd just been put in but i held my tongue.

tilly and pepper are getting on very well atm. i've increased size since this morning we've had chasing and playing. a bit of nipping and humping but not much. so far it looks like its going well :D

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As she came from [email protected] she won't be spayed, please keep in mind that you might have to split again once her hormones hit :eek:
no she's not and yes i had thought of this :eek:
i shall just see how we go and hope it works out. i can accomodate if needed but im hoping they'll be ok. am taking 1 day at a time and will continue to do so. if i have problems i shall shout in your direction :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
well im not saying anything about the [email protected] bit beacause i got my smokey from the adoptions bit too,like you i couldnt leave him and he was only tiny (aparently he was a savage beast but i have yet to see it lol and hes 3 now lol) glad the bondings going well :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.