UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Alfie out of the garden yesterday for a little walk across the road and back to get his bowels working.
He looked so uncomfortable last night :(
OH went and checked for cats before we ventured out ;)
Got back into the garden and there was a bloomin cat in there :yikes:

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Cats are sneaky - it probably did it on purpose, for revenge :lol:

Hope he didn't get to excited.

And did the plan work? How's his bowels?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked, only my second complete nights sleep since his op :thumbup:

I'm hoping we get permission for short walks from next Tuesday.
I had been told a while ago by the vet to let him go onto the grass outside the garden if he needed too, but he has been so excited about going out that I haven't.
Had a Halti and two leads on, and made sure it was very slow walk. We only went about 50 yards

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Morning Rona! Poor Alfie! But at least it worked for him! He is such a lovely doggie. Bless him. Hope he is allowed to go for walks soon.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Doing good bless her! Got both of them on flexileads and was great fun this morning on my walk!! Learnt how to do a few ballet moves I think! heehee :lol: But gonna see if I can get one of those split leads for 2 dogs, see if i can get it to go on the flexi, cause chazz can come off the lead, just making sure he still is ok with recall with her atm. So I could have the one lead, take chazz off and let her be on the flexilead until I work on her recall. Is this possible?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww glad it worked and naughty cat!!

Hope you get the ok to take him for short walks soon xxxxxxx

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I bet Alfie appreciated getting out into the big wide world again, even if its only 50 yards of it, and glad it did it's intended purpose!

Are you going to the vets this Tuesday? i thought it was later on...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bet Alfie appreciated getting out into the big wide world again, even if its only 50 yards of it, and glad it did it's intended purpose!

Are you going to the vets this Tuesday? i thought it was later on...
No :(
Got another week yet :(

·
Registered
4,809 Posts

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Sounds like he enjoyed his little walk and it must have been good for him....aside the naughty cat of course.....you know what he's capable of though....and I'm sure you wouldn't have put him at risk so I think a little walk can only be a good thing. Poor lad's been cooped up compared to his usual excercise for so long I'm surprised he's not gone crazy bless im, hes done so well to cope as well as he has, and you too.....give the guy a hug from me xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like he enjoyed his little walk and it must have been good for him....aside the naughty cat of course.....you know what he's capable of though....and I'm sure you wouldn't have put him at risk so I think a little walk can only be a good thing. Poor lad's been cooped up compared to his usual excercise for so long I'm surprised he's not gone crazy bless im, hes done so well to cope as well as he has, and you too.....give the guy a hug from me xxx
He is just a joy :)
Hardly ever been depressed and makes the most of the little highlights he gets :thumbup:
Much like his owner :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
its acruciate hes done right??

our dog who did hers took months to slowly walk back/too - little exercise - haltis/bribes etc - the neighbours thought we were lazy/insain :lol:

i do know how you feel with that as it was difficult *hugs*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its acruciate hes done right??

our dog who did hers took months to slowly walk back/too - little exercise - haltis/bribes etc - the neighbours thought we were lazy/insain :lol:

i do know how you feel with that as it was difficult *hugs*
Yep cruciate
The neighbours already think I'm insane :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.