Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

its worse then i thought!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by paşa's mummy, Apr 25, 2011.

1. paşa's mummy

paşa's mummy PetForums Member

some of you will have heard me talk about the white GSD we took in last year, she has fear aggression toward other dogs, i had a catch up with her old owners the other day and her history finally came to light..

when jasmine was a puppy she was walking down a alley way with her then mum when i man came from the other direction with four grey hounds. jasmine was on her lead, the man stopped unleashed his dogs and told them to kill. they mauled jasmine and her owner only just managed to get them both out without the injuries been fatal!!!!!

i was so shocked but to be honest it explains alot!!

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

That is dreadful :mad:.

3. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Dont you sometimes wish you never knew.

My OH raised his voice on Friday night (had a couple of drinks with his nephews) Makita wet himself.

We have also found he cowers if you raise your arm. Was / still am so upset that we dont know what he has been through but we are getting more of an idea :mad:

4. paşa's mummy

my rescue bruno cowers if u raise your voice and does the same if u move quickly round him. :(

5. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

what an awful awful thing.

6. jayne5364

jayne5364 PetForums VIP

How sad for your poor dog. What on earth possesses people to do this is beyond me.

7. paşa's mummy

i know. poor jasmine.

8. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

It is really difficult when this happens and you just don't know the back story but just as a caution

My youngest girl, who we bred, so we know exactly what has happened to her can also cower when someone goes near her - why, because some stupid idiot :mad: frightened her when she was a wee one and it has taken us over 18mths to get her to the stage where it doesn't always happen. If she was taken as a rescue it could be assumed that she had had rough treatment because of this cowering which is definitely NOT the case

9. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

That's horrific - poor dog.

10. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Thats horrible, sometimes you're better off not knowing.

11. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

That is awful, it makes you wonder what that man is doing to his own dogs to make them so aggressive too. Horrible people in this world

12. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

I'd rip his balls off and send them to him in a jar of Formaldehyde! See if he likes being mauled:mad:

13. paşa's mummy

iam just really glad i wasnt there because i wouldnt be held responsible for what i did to him. i think they saw him a few times after that whilst out on a walk so he must have been local to them. when we first took jasmine on we were told she was fine with dogs up to been 1 year old when her other dog who was only 6 month older died suddenly, jasmine changed the same day so i think the attck must have killed the other dog and jasmine was the lucky one. i was absolutely gob smacked when i was told the full story. they must have all been scared stupid. poor poor babies

14. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

misty use to cower when you raised your voice or if you moved too fast she would run. But i know she was beaten when she stopped winning her races, she had NO top teeth in the front, she had scars all over her body its horrible what some people can do.

Right up until the day we lost her she was still scared if you shouted and moved to fast not as bad as she was when we got her but it was so deeply ingrained.

Hugs go out to all the dogs that have been treated badly in one form or another I wish i could take them all in! xx

15. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

However horrible it is to know, I reckon it's always better than not knowing. You know exactly what you're dealing with and can find the best way to move forward.

16. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

German sheperd i rescued years ago would cower and scream if you lifted folded newspaper or just lifted your arm :(

17. paşa's mummy

it disgusts me how some people treat animals. jasmine had been very muched loved by her owners luckily so we dont have issues in that respect its just dog fear aggression. bruno on the other hand is the complete opposite. poor dogs :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice