Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It's the little things..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SLB, Oct 3, 2013.

1. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

As a forum, we are a community, and with all the training threads and ways to improve our dogs, their diets etc.. I think we often forget to acknowledge the little things.

So What little things has your dogs done lately?

This morning, Louie blessed me with a, now, rare bout of play.
    Pen gave my arm a nibble groom.
    And Jack gave me cuddles without the look of a beaten dog being forced to cuddle.. he loves cuddles though..

So I am feeling very happy this morning :)

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Every morning after breakfast and before walkies, all three of mine climb up on the couch with me and snuggle up as close as possible for a nap
    (you know... because sleeping all night is so exhausting :p )

Same thing happens after dinner too - all pile on for a cuddly nap... I can't move anywhere but it is lovely :)

3. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Dan played nicely with his setter friend, and didn't try to hump him :)

Tummel and i have a lovely walk, where we were interuppted by 2 yapping wee things and he didn't react :D

I get special cuddles from Tummel every morning, he paws at the duvet until i lift it and he climbs in and snuggles with me before we get up :eek:

4. Dimwit

Dimwit PetForums VIP

Overnight, dimwit was sick in his crate :rolleyes:
    Yesterday evening he was very cuddly and spent most of the evening snuggled up on the sofa with me (probably because he wasn't feeling very well). It was a bit naughty as he is not really allowed on the sofa in case he jumps off and damages his leg, but as he was so calm I let him :D

5. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

I too get morning cuddles and this morning they were especially snuggly even though she was with me all night (hubbies away ;)) they are one of my favourite bits of the day, if I miss out on them for some reason I feel very hard done by.

Then we had bitey play, very good fun, but she is missing hubby for that.

6. BeauNoir

BeauNoir PetForums VIP

Quinn helped the plumber with the boiler today. (By help, I mean he supervised and followed him around)

This is big because Quinn was so fearful of men when he came to live with me (a woman who likes women and the dog only gets looked after by me or my mother, can you guess why they picked him for us?) and we used to have to take him upstairs but it is brilliant to see him like this. :D

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Just the usual...lots of cuddles, kisses, snuggling up on my lap.
    oh, and every morning Alfie climbs up to my head and attempts to curl up on my face! Its the grumpy noises he makes as he tries to get comfy that make me laugh (even whilst Im suffocating!LOL).:D

8. LynnM

LynnM PetForums Senior

This happened a little while ago so don't know if it counts...

Alfie and Tia were on the windowsill fighting over a soft toy that Alfie had got from the toy box and Tia decided she wanted (as usual). Up until then Alfie had had a few bouts of reverse sneezing but not Tia.

Suddenly Tia started reverse sneezing and she was so frightened by it that she got down from the windowsill and came over to where I was sitting on the settee, head down and honking like a goose (her not me :laugh:). I picked her up and held my thumb over her nose for a few seconds until she stopped, then she slunk off into one of their beds, which was on the settee next to me, and curled up looking very sorry for herself.

All the time Alfie had been worriedly watching the goings on from the windowsill and bless his little heart he jumped from the arm of the chair across to the settee and dropped the toy next to Tia that they'd seconds before been fighting over and then went back to the windowsill.

I don't know if dogs can be thought of as empathetic but Alfie often does things that make me wonder.

9. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

Today I was blessed with a whole minute of cuddles on the couch:w00t: I don't know why but Axel isn't a fan of coming and snuggling next to me on the couch. He will happily cuddle on the floor and give out kisses but never comes on the couch for cuddles:crying:

10. Ponkies

Ponkies PetForums Junior

That is so cute LynnM!

11. Ponkies

Ponkies PetForums Junior

Cuddles as soon as I sit on the sofa and the other night I woke in the night to hear him dragging his bed across the bedroom so it was closer to our bed, so sweet!

12. JessIncaFCR

JessIncaFCR PetForums VIP

I'm not feeling too well today and Inca just come and put her paws on me ever so calmly and just stayed still so I could stroke her :001_wub:

13. Mumtomaddog

Mumtomaddog PetForums VIP

I got dragged through every puddle Max could find!... He loves tramping through the wet grass and hedgerows, paddling through puddles. Absolutely loves the rain, unless i just want him to go for a quick wee in the back yard so that i dont get soaked to the skin! :crying:

14. Mumtomaddog

Mumtomaddog PetForums VIP

Wish Max was as sympathetic! :wink:

15. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

Tia is currently lying on top of me on her back, flopping around and alternating between play-biting her own feet and smushing her face into my face. She's just ridiculously cute!

16. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

The boys graciously allowed me to join them on a walk across the dunes in the pouring rain..........................How kind was that ????

17. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Bradley went for his booster this afternoon, and he was an absolute angel!
    I'm so proud of him, the vet was impressed with him and how healthy he is.
    He was so well behaved!

Pip's been belting around like a puppy, so obviously his heart medication is working :D.

The other two have been a pair of expletives :rolleyes:.

18. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Toppa made me laugh and smile for 2 hours on our morning walk today.
    Forgot how to actually enjoy a walk, but Toppa has taught me the errors of my way :D

19. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Today ive not been 100% so went to bed, both girls jumped up on bed curled up right next to me and slept for a couple hrs i nver had Apple settle on the bed shes always on the go so it was lovely having both girls up with me :D

20. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Jack joined me on the bed for an afternoon nap - he is not a cuddly dog - so this was a treat for me.

I ended up with his bum to hug, which was fine, until he did a tripey fart - but it was worth it for a rare cuddle :D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice