Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It's spay day :-( Milie was ill twice just getting to vets :-(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I feel such an evil mummy :-( she jumped in the car on her own :) i was so proud! But as wegot caught in traffic she threw up any remaining water left in her :) then she started panicing, haking and frothing at the mouth. :-( she was really not herself and knrew something was happening. I agreed to extra pain relief and her being on n IV drip throughout -apprently it helps control blood pressure? ? They recommended so i greed. I have put her through enough stress i want to make it as pleasent as i can. So now im on the train to work, feeling stressed and sick! Roll on six pm when i get my girly back :)

2. greatdanes

greatdanes PetForums Member

Oh dear, i can totally relate to this, dem'i in the vets today to be speyed to :(, and she was worried as hell, tail between the legs, hackles up peed on the floor, bless her, i stayed with her as long as i possible could, lucky for me we only live round the corner from the vets so we enjoyed a walk there this morning, canilly enough i think she new where she was going,
    doesn't stop you from worrying tho, roll on 2 o'clock so i can ring them :)

3. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Oh no, it must be the day for spays. That's 3 of us on here all worrying about our girls. Hubby has just got back from taking her as he stayed as long as he could with her as she wasn't happy leaving him:(:( He said when the nurse came to take her through to the back she sat down & refused to move without him so he had to go through with them and when he came away she howled after him, he even said it tugged on his heartstrings (he's normally tough as old boots!!) So it's just a waiting game now, roll on 4 o'clock when we can ring them up.

Must admit, it will be difficult from tomorrow trying to keep her still as she is so bouncy normally, she is like Tigger in disguise. What with Willow, Millie & Demi there's going to be 3 very pampered pooches tonight.

4. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Good luck to all them get ready for some spoiling later ;)

5. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Awww, I feel for all three of you having gone through it a week ago. I felt awful leaving Poppy and it was made worse by meeting a lady in a shop, who had also been in the vets at the same time, telling me that Poppy was barking and howling after we left :(.

When we went to pick her up she was still very dopey, slept all the way home in the car (one hour). I gave her a scrambled egg which she ate fine then slept all through the night.

She slept most of the day the following day but by the evening she was very alert. We had to watch very carefully as she was trying to jump onto the sofa.

We brought home some Loxicom pain killer, once a day dosage, which she had for the next two days.

The worst part has been sticking to just short lead walks, she's obviously missing her runs on the beach and finding the walks a bit boring as she's now back to being as normal as before the op.

Stitches out on Friday for us, can't wait!

Wishing all the little ladies well and a speedy recovery.

6. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Good luck Millie :) - she'll be home all done and dusted in no time. ;)

7. archiesmum

archiesmum PetForums VIP

Poor Millie, hope everything goes well.

Val xx

8. Milliepoochie

Today does seem to be the day for Spays - Good luck to greatdanes and BeagleOesx :)

I couldnt wait any longer, as I was driving past after finishing work i popped into the vets. She is out of surgery and in a kennel being comforted by a nurse - I snuck a peep around the door without her seeing!

She looked really out of it! I am going back at 5:30 to pick her up. :)

It's been a really naff day today, my OH was walking our new dog Makita and he got attacked by a labrador (From the same house as the one which bit Millie as a pup!) pretty peeved off as he is only a pup :mad: Apparently he had a good growl but didnt retaliate but has been really on edge since and is pacing in the garden. I think he can sense the other dog is only two houses away.

Roll on 5:30 when I get my baby girl back :) and OH can take Makita for a run in his new harness.

9. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Best of luck to the three girlies !! :)

10. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

My turn to be rotten on Thursday, Loki is having his mancicles removed.
    So big soothing thoughts to everyone today, if someone could send some my way Thursday much appreciated.
    :001_smile:

11. greatdanes

greatdanes PetForums Member

I'll be thinking of you on thursday, its a horrible feeling, im sure things will be fine (easay for me to say that now)

12. Sheen and Eli

Sheen and Eli PetForums VIP

Thank you :001_smile:

13. Milliepoochie

Millie update :) I went to pick her up at 5:30, she was still attached to her IV Drip so had a pink bandage on her leg. The nurse removed these for us, she was / is extremely dopey and has slept solidly since getting home.

She has a bandage / dressing on her scar which this nurse said to leave on for a coupe of days. We are going for a follow up appointment on Monday.

She has gone outside for a quick pee but then straight back in to her bed. In fact whilst I am writing this her head has just peaked out form under her blanket, she is awake :) Time for a cuddle I think!

14. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

Well done Millie - brave girl. You'll feel a lot better tomorrow. Enjoy being fussed over.

Isn't it funny how vets differ. Poppy had no dressings on at all and a friend, who used a different vet, her dog had a sticky plaster type thing on hers (not sure if it was one of those anti-lick strips).

15. Milliepoochie

Thats what Millie has, its like a giant plaster :) I didnt realise she would have one was quite suprised. We were told to use a tiny bit of diluted nail polish remover on the sticky bits and it will drop right off. Least it means she can sleep soundly with no buster collar although will be popping it on her tonight incase :)

16. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Hopefully she will feel a lot better tomorrow. I remember the strange sense of calm when I left Rolo and Ruby for their ops, i coped okay during the day as was really busy, then fell to pieces when they came scurrying out to meet us to come home, such was the absolute relief and shock at seeing them walking out!!!

Ruby was pretty quiet for a couple of days, but she did improve each day, we had no bandage.

I am sure by tomorrow morning she will feel quite a lot more perky. Just remember to keep her fairly quiet cos of the risk of hernia, Ruby ended up with one despite being kept incredibly still and quiet!:(

17. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hope she manages to get a good sleep tonite

18. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Well done Millie, have a lovely nights sleep tonight baby girl. xx

Glad it's all over, now you can relax. :)

19. Milliepoochie

Thank You Malmum :) She truely slept like a baby. She worried me with how dopey she was, she only got out of bed this afternoon - but has been walking aorund wagging her tail since I have been home form work :)

20. Milliepoochie

An update on Millie - She slept all last night - I had to nearly carry her out to pee!

This morning she didnt get out of bed so I jut covered her up and kissed her goodbye. My OH has been spoiling her all day, cooking rice / chicken for both of them!

But I can happily say that since I got home form work at 5pm she has really perked up. Wagging her tail, has eaton and been for a strol around the garden with me (With out Makita's giant paws getting in the way!).

I am now about to curl up on the floor with her :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice