Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It's bad...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ratgal, May 3, 2011.

1. ratgal

ratgal PetForums Member

Our neighbor took her 14 year old cat to the kitty parlor and then the afternoon the cat were napping underneath their car and the guy didn't know so when he reversed out the yard he ran over the cat. Poor cat still had the ribbon in his hair from the parlor :( At least he died instantly but man I liked that cat :cryin:

2. snoopydo

snoopydo PetForums VIP

OMG.....:eek: When I owned Cats I ALWAYS Checked as they always used to be hanging around my Car...That is Devastating :( poor soul.:(

3. gladass

gladass Banned

OMG What a terrible thing to happen, poor cat and owner

4. springfieldbean

springfieldbean PetForums VIP

Horrific. My boyfriend's father ran over a kitten in this way - just after going over to his friends' house to meet their new kitten for the first time. He met her, chatted to his friends, and on the way home, ran over her and killed her.
    She'd snuck outside while they were talking and had obviously settled down under his car.

I can't imagine the sorrow and guilt I would feel if this happened to me or my cat. If I had a car, I hope I'd check under it every time I drove it, but I know realistically you can't expect people to do this. I guess that usually the sound of the engine will scare a cat out from under a car, but it seems that quite often it doesn't happen like that, and lots of cats die this way. So horrible.:(

5. ukmutz

ukmutz PetForums Member

That sounds terrible, the feeling of guilt must be awful especially if you know the owners and see them regularly.
    I usually check under my car before leaving the house as my neighbours 2 cats are often hanging around my driveway.

6. kunzy

kunzy Guest

Poor cat.

Sorry for your loss.

7. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I went outside once to call my cat in and heard a faint meow....she had crawled up onto the undertray of a car and caught herself in the timing chain of a golf. we had to dismantle the car to free her.
    If the owner of that car had come out and started it well....:cryin: she would have been chopped up.

she is now a safe and happy indoor cat :D

8. CandyApocalypse

CandyApocalypse PetForums Member

That is so sad :( Even when I haven't owned animals, I always look around to check if I'm in someone's car. Mind you, as someone said once, if I was about to hit an animal, I'd probably drive myself into a tree rather than hit it.

9. ajohnson

ajohnson Banned

Oh no, poor thing! My heart goes out to the owners

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice