Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It's all going a bit too well .........

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Emma-Jayne, May 7, 2011.

1. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Hi all,

Last Thursday I adopted a 10 week old kitten called Tabitha to be a little sister to my Moriarty who is 3.

They have been playing together today. I'm sure they are playing as no growling hissing or defensive body language they were just chasing each other around and around not hitting or biting.

They have even been sharing a litter tray (they both have their own). I'm just worried that they have just started getting along very quickly as yesterday Moriarty was avoiding her and still growling a little.

Like I said above it's all going a bit too well, anything I should watch out for?
    Tabitha is still sleeping on her own in her room at night so I can supervise their activity together.

I just thought it would take longer.

Em xxx

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

just make sure they are always supervised, my boys greet new cats like they have been here forever, they just dont care, doesnt take them weeks, just takes minutes for them to roll their eyes saying 'god not another one!' :nono: :) its the girls that we have to watch!

so just take it slow :)

3. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

I will do. I think they have got together and said let's freak mummy out by being best friends! I just wasn't expecting them to get on so well so soon. They have been very cuddly today and even ate in the kitchen at the same time. Even though they have a tray each they were both in Moriarty's at the same time too. When I saw her go in after him I though oh God it's gonna kick off. But they were fine.

It's freaking me out a bit! :D

Moriarty even goes looking for her when she is put to bed in her room. Very annoying as he will be crying on one side and her on the other :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice