Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

it's about time

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by candysmum, Apr 14, 2011.

1. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

#1 candysmum, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I'd like to see how he will deal with this.We can't stop anyone coming in from the EU.:confused: His stupid sidekick Clegg raised this very issue during the election campaign.

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Is that legitimate and illegal ones ??

Does that include people who are genuinely seeking asylum ?

You might as well just say they cant come rather than letting them come and then giving them no help (watch crime rates soar if that happens as these people will have to feed themelves somehow, can't expect them to starve and if they aren't in the system they stand little chance of legitimate tax paying employment) :confused:

The only way to solve the massive benefit issue in this country is to sort the wheat from the chaff and that applies to ALL races including OUR OWN !!

babycham2002 likes this.
  4. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

My step dad works with the young asylum seeker boys that come into the country alone with no family, he has to drive them to court appearances, take them to hospital, buys them TV and TV licenses !!! They get soo much help and support i doubt our young ones leaving our care system get :rolleyes:

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

well this should have been done years ago

6. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

#6 candysmum, Apr 14, 2011
  7. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

8. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

It would certainly be a good step forward, benefit wise that has been a long time coming. I cant see them stopping them coming in, shame though it needs to stop we are in no situation to be taking on any more freeloaders, we have enough of our own.:rolleyes:

9. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

As long as at the same time they target benefit frauds from this country, and get them off their backsides and contributing, perhaps we may actually get somewhere as a country, instead of slowly spiralling down the drain.

10. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Perhaps a good start would be to do away with the 14year rule that allows ILLEGAL immigrants to stay here.:rolleyes:

11. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

#11 candysmum, Apr 14, 2011
  12. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

This is a subject so emotive and explosive it could run on and on as people will claim they are not racist but just want all aliens removed from UK.

I have my own opinion and this is not the place for me to express it.

I have no objection to foreign people living in UK PROVIDING.........

a. they learn the language.

b. they respect our religious beliefs.

c. they obey our laws.

d. they do NOT attempt to force their religion or beliefs on us.

e. they understand this is OUR country not theirs and if they don't like anything they go home respecting the fact we did not invite them to live here they chose to do so.

One thing which is guaranteed to wind me up is when I see official documents written in so many different languages and this is UK......yer right !!!!!

Those of you who are alert will perhaps notice I have not said they should work for a living. My reason is this, if we don't expect our own people to work and support them so they earn more on benefit than in a job, then why should we expect foreigners to work.

Please note that for legal reasons I am not a racist.......:) :) :) :)

13. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

The problem I have with this is that it refers mostly to people outside of the EU. Well, there's so many damn countries now IN the EU that it barely helps us at all.

When Poland joined the EU ranks, almost every othere country put a limit on the the number of Poles allowed into the country - did the UK do this??? Did it feck as like. :cursing: The result being that we now have almost as many Polish residents as Poland!!!!

When I walk through my local town, or around my local supermarket, I am LUCKY if I hear anyone speaking English anymore.... :(

Cameron might be able to slow down non-EU immegration but, until he puts in a limit on EU immegration, we're still b*lloxed!!!

14. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

The thing is with the EU there's nothing we can do about it.Pity they didn't think this through properly in the first place.:mad:

15. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

EXACTLY!!!!!

Germany, France, Spain - They ALL put a limit on so why didn't we??????

Our previous government really WEREN'T the brightest buttons in the sewing box.... :mad:

16. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Hmmm, most countries do speak English as a second or third language at least, but culturally many aren't taught, so that point is a little bit difficult. I've visited and lived in countries where I didn't know, or was expected to learn their language, which is a good job for me as I'm rubbish at languages (except English :eek: ).

The key thing is respect, as it is with most things in life. I was disgusted by the poppy day burning incident, and even more disgusted to learn that they were on benefits; the very people they were dishonouring died so they can claim benefits in this country. That sort of person needs a kick up the backside and told to either get out, or get on and contribute, not divide, no matter where they're from or what their ethnic background :mad:

17. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

We have polish supermarket and shops in our town and even Asda has a row of Polish food now :rolleyes: I do work with a lot of Polish and they seem to have a very good work ethic, i can't say the same for the Slovakians who lived next door to my mum and beat my step dad black and blue for asking them to turn there music down :mad5:

18. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

We also have quite a few Polski shops where I live and EVERY supermarket has a 'foreign' shelf.

My OH works with quite a lot of Polish people and his comments are not repeatable here. One in particular, keeps playing the racist & harrassment cards every time his boss tells him to do something or asks him a question. He recently tried to accuse a fellow worker of bullying & aggression but when they played back the CCTV it was as clear as anything that HE was the aggressor. :eek:

I often see them, especially coming into the summer months, standing drinking cans of beer on their doorsteps at 8 in the morning. This looks REALLY good to all the schoolkids walking past going to school. What an example for them to see!!!

I DO appreciate that not all EU immigrants are like this, and I shouldn't tar them all with the same brush, but I see too many that are to fully enjoy their presence in the UK.

19. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

difficult one really their are those that openly say they hate our country but will live off our state benifits, maybe he should sart with those people, but their are also alot of people who screw our system fall stop that should be stopped, but the problem has become so massive now they are going to have to do a section at a time.

20. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

We all have our opinions on any point we are interested in.
    My opinion is that if I wanted to live in another country then I make the effort to integrate and that includes learning the language. This is why I speak German as a second language.

I would not expect to go and live in another country and expect them to lean MY language just because I can't speak theirs.

This is a well known problem with English people. We expect the world to use our language just because we find it difficult to lean another. We then complain about "foreign" people not speaking English in the UK.
    If you are not prepared to learn the language then go live in an English speaking country.

Please note that due to legal reasons I am not a racist. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice