UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christmas Movies!!!!!

WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Name your faves and do you have any special rituals?

For me, the first one to be watched is Love Actually and that is around the 19th / 20th of November because it starts '5 Weeks to Christmas' :D

The first weekend of December is when the tree goes up and I will have movies on as I do it - Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, Fred Clause.

Christmas Eve is always (of course) It's a Wonderful Life.

In between those will be Polar Express, White Christmas and all the others that I'm not about to list.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
I alway always always have to watch the Wizard of Oz before Christmas, my Nan would alway watch it with me when I was little and it was on the telly, and it make me think of her :sad:

On a lighter note I always watch or have National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on the telly when I put up the decorations and will watch as many Christmas films as possible most of what you have mentioned.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
It's not just the movies I can't wait for, how about the Christmas cartoons such as The Peanuts ones (you know the one with Snoopy in them), the food, decorations, cookies, family, and friends, and so on. :)

But what I'm not looking forward to are the crowded shopping malls and parking places!:(

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I take it you are a tad bit excited then!?!? lol
Oh yes!!!!!

I just LURVE my Christmas Movies. We, no rephrase that, 'I' have a shelf just for the Christmas films. OH try to mix them in with the others, in alphabetical order, but I was having none of that!!!! :nohand: Christmas Movies altogether in one place. :thumbup1:

The more childlike they are the better. Home Alone cracks me up!!! And I think Fred Clause is one of the best one in recent years. I try to avoid Jack Frost though as it always makes me cry. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not just the movies I can't wait for, how about the Christmas cartoons such as The Peanuts ones (you know the one with Snoopy in them), the food, decorations, cookies, family, and friends, and so on. :)

But what I'm not looking forward to are the crowded shopping malls and parking places!:(
I've found this wonderful shopping mall called 'The Internet'!!

No need for car parks, no crowds, you can even stay in bed in your PJ's if you wish......!!! It's great. :thumbup: :thumbup:

G

·
I'm not a Xmas doer. Would if had children - not mean. I'm very fond of a small film called MILLIONS, with James Nesbitt, despite the necessary heavy catholicism. It's a lovely, gentle, kindly film.

G

·
I LOVE home alone!!! Always watch it every year. :D

There's another xmas film with Arnie in, it's about a kid with a robot toy... can't remember the name of it though. I'm pretty sure it's an xmas film as it's generally shown around that time.

There are a few other xmas films I like too. :)

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
:thumbup: for Christmas films!! :D

Daughter is always home, we curl up on sofa with a quilt, lots of popcorn and Christmas starts!! :)

Christmas with the Kranks
Santa Claus the Movie
Fred Clause
Scrooge

Anything and everything :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not a Xmas doer. Would if had children - not mean. I'm very fond of a small film called MILLIONS, with James Nesbitt, despite the necessary heavy catholicism. It's a lovely, gentle, kindly film.
I don't have kids - I'm just a big kid myself. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen or heard of that one - I will look out for it. :)

·
Registered
7,216 Posts

There's another xmas film with Arnie in, it's about a kid with a robot toy... can't remember the name of it though. I'm pretty sure it's an xmas film as it's generally shown around that time.

Jingle All The Way :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I've found this wonderful shopping mall called 'The Internet'!!

No need for car parks, no crowds, you can even stay in bed in your PJ's if you wish......!!! It's great. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I went one step better than the internet! Got my Christmas shopping done early by starting early. :)

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Jingle All the Way.

I usually try to avoid that one.................... :eek:

:D :D :D

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
I alway always always have to watch the Wizard of Oz before Christmas, my Nan would alway watch it with me when I was little and it was on the telly, and it make me think of her :sad:

On a lighter note I always watch or have National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on the telly when I put up the decorations and will watch as many Christmas films as possible most of what you have mentioned.
My daughter's favourite film growing up :) We ALWAYS have to watch it!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.