Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Itching and Panting

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by reddogs, Sep 10, 2012.

1. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Hi all - been trying to see if anyone else has experienced this but can't seem to find an answer

My bitch is in whelp - day 47 to be precise :)

Bless her though she seems to be scratching an awful lot and panting too, has been for a while, poor girl

Any ideas apart from the recent warm temperatures and hormonal changes involved in being in whelp? :confused:

There does not appear to be any visible cause for the scratching (i.e. no fleas or rashes) and no apparent reason for the panting either (she is not overly large as yet)

2. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Lots of views - no suggestions :confused1:

3. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I have no clue.. but didnt want to read and run. Its prob totally unrelated but our greyhound scratches alot when she is stressed or nervous. she fleaed regularly so not that.. just seems to be a stress thing xx

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

could it just be shes shedding more then usual and getting itchy? I dont know if dogs like many animals shed coats before having babies.

5. swarthy

swarthy PetForums VIP

If she is clearly uncomfortable then I would be inclined to get her checked out with the vets in case she had picked up some form of viral or fungal infection which might not be visible to the human eye.

6. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

seems to be improving as it has gotten cooler so fingers crossed that is the answer

only 2 more weeks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice