Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It was hard this morning

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Happy Paws2, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I was in Sainsbury's this morning and found myself in the pet aisle, they have all the Christmas toys and treats in stock, there were so many new ones from last year and Dillon would have loved them, I was almost in tears I felt such a fool.

It doesn't get any easier, I still miss him so much.

Lurcherlad, margy, Sarah H and 3 others like this.
  2. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I'm sorry HP, have a squishy virtual hug, they do leave such a huge hole when they go.

3. Happy Paws2

Thank you....

lullabydream and MontyMaude like this.
  4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

I’m so sorry. It’s so hard when they’re not with us anymore. You’re not a fool! He was a very lucky boy to have a mum who loved him so much xx

5. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

You've had a really hard time of it this year @Happy Paws2 and Dillon was such a special boy. It's no wonder the grief still hits you at times. My lot send dog licks your way (sorry about the tripe breath) x

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I look at it as a measure of my love.
    It creeps up on you when you least expect it and can’t be helped.
    I’ve been told it’s healing.....

7. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I know how you feel I had a strange moment driving towards my old house the other day. For a split second I thought I will look for Sox and lily on the stairs (where they used to sit) then I remembered. Boxers are sending boxer hugs.

8. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

First missed Christmas, first missed birthday, first anniversary after a loss. All massive hurdles. It is understandable that you feel so empty and sad.

What about buying a little gift in his memory - a christmas bauble for your tree or a cushion, photo frame. Something doggy themed that can help you mark this time and still remember the special times.

margy, Sarah H, MontyMaude and 2 others like this.
  9. Happy Paws2

Christmas is going to be hard, there is just the two of us so Christmas revoled (sorry spelling) around Dillon with his presents and treats. So your idea for buying a Christmas keepsake is a wonderful idea, Thank you.

10. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

As well as a keepsake pressie for your lovely boy, how about a pressie for a dog in a local rescue too?
    The first year of loosing a loved one, human or doggy, is always the very worse. Your Dillon is still with you in your heart, your memories and on here with all of us.

DanWalkersmum, margy, Sarah H and 6 others like this.
  11. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

It's little things like that that seem to hit us at random points. I love the idea of a keepsake, take care xx

Happy Paws2 and margy like this.
  12. margy

margy PetForums VIP

It's so hard isn't it? Dillon was a very lucky dog to have been loved so much. xx

Happy Paws2 and Boxer123 like this.
  13. Allybean11

Allybean11 PetForums Member

You’re not a fool at all. And take comfort in the fact that wherever Dillon is, he will have all the new Christmas toys to play with because all dogs up there are good dogs.

14. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Member

I know just how you feel I found myself saying happy birthday to Rusty’s photo yesterday on what would have been his 15th birthday even though I lost him last year in May 2018 and Pepe in November 2018, I still miss them so much and wish I could have them back. I am hoping their breeder will have a dog puppy for me in her next litter as the last litter born in September 2019 must have been only bitches. I can’t wait as I hope it will help fill the void left by my two darling boys. You certainly don’t have to feel a fool it is so clear how much you loved Dillon and what a lucky dog he was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice