UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course not, I put it with the applaws chicken he likes and he didnt even eat the chciken.:(. I haven´t replenished his dry in the hope that out of desperation he will go back. The truth is that as soon as I saw the pieces I knew he woudn´t eat it and I even cut it up in smaller pieces. So if he wants only Gourmet I really can´t do anymore. Will give the food to my friends who have less fussy cats.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Sorry but didn't you just get the package the other day? How can you already possibly know that he will not eat it. I personally think - like I have said many times before - you give up too easily!

Here is how I see it - you put you new food on a plate, he comes and looks at it and walks away and you conclude that he doesn't like the food. Call it a hunch.

Have you tried mixing a tiny bit of the new food in with the gourmet? Just a tad? If you are worried about wasting the highly expensive imported food (you really are mad spending that much on cat food, but hey it is your money), then put it in a freezer bag, class the bag, press it flat and freeze the food. That way you can just break off tiny bits of the new food to slowly add to his Gourmet. Maybe you will have to start with just a gram of new food; who knows.

If that is a too involved approach, what would happen if you didn't give anything else? And if you just presented him with the new food?

This forum is full of threads asking about food introductions; surely there must be on technique that works for you guys.

Or just save yourself the stress and just feed him Gourmet.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought two brands and tried one yesterday, he ate a bit of that one and I´m going to try again of course, I also gave it to him at lunch time and he had had breakfast so I´m thinking of trying it at breakfast. The other one I have tried this morning and I gave him a bit wich I cut into smaller bits, he didnt even lick the gravy (just smelt and left). So I mixed it with his shredded chicken, even put the chiken on the side so he could eat it well, he ignored it. I have the rest of the can in the fridge and will mix just a bit with his gourmet. He is a strange cat anyway as when he eats the Gourmet Souffle, he eats the souffle but leaves the few pieces of chiken that come inside (except on counted occasions).

I have noticed he seems to like the shredded type of food best, unfortunately most shredded foods are not complete, except thrive and a few american brands.

I had really not intended spending all that money at all, but as it was returned the first time, my friend asked if I wanted to try again as I had told her to just donate it when it got back to her and then I got to pay another customs. I really would have loved him to have eaten any of the good food from Floyds (I bought almost all the brands). It´s not like I can afford to feed him constantly on these brands anyway as the cost of the food is practically the shipping cost (the ones from USA) but he will eat mostly shredded food, souffle (ignores all the hard pates and all the considerable chunks).

Last time you (Hobbs) adviced me to take a break from trying to better his food and I did, he is most happy with Gourmet and settled with it and I´m just thinking to give the tins out, I have a friend whose husband feels dry food is ok for the cat and doesn´t approve of her buying wet so I give her wet when I can, her cat loves it. I know it seems like I give up but I can only try these experiments at weekends with him when I´m home and can feed him at lunch wet too. I am going to try throughout the week in minute quantities to mix with his beloved Gourmet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.