Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

It is a major struggle

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Changes, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Finding the right home for the last pup

I have had quite a few people interested in him but have turned them all down, last people came today and they are going to call me tomorrow, but I am going to say no they aren't right at all.

I advertised on epupz and have had the strangest people calling me :confused:

Have other people had a similar situation and did it turn out alright in the end?

:)

2. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

dont have any advice but i hope you find the perfect home for the last pup xxxx

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What is it about the people that makes them unsuitable?

I think its great that you are so picky. The welfare of your pups is obviously an important matter.

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I think the last one is always the hardest to home as people want to know why no one has picked that pup.

The last pup of our last litter was 6 months before he left us. He had a home as a show dog but then retained a tesicle so he couldn't be shown so was nouse to them. He eventually went as a companion to an elderly gentleman and his son. I wouldn't have let any others out of the litter go to this home but he was such a laid back pup with out a naughty bone in him. He is doing fine and is a much loved pet now.

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh which pup went first hun? :( I am so sad I am unable to take them, I would have gladly taken the two off your hands :(

I hope the last pup finds a wonderful forever home x

6. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

I haven't had any experience of this situation but I do think it's great that you will not let your pups go to just 'anyone'.

Hope he finds his forever home soon :)

7. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

Hope you find a home soon!!

8. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Thank you lovely x

The people that have called me have never had a collie before and think that because the pup is really cute he will be a perfect pet and I know from my own experience that a collie without a job - what I mean is a focus - is a real nightmare, there is a youngster over the road he is a pure boarder collie and all he does all day is bounce up and down at the gate - he darts after every car that goes past (in his garden along the fence - he is bored witless even though he is taken out for a walk at least three times a day, it just isn't enough - the people that have called about Bear just want a cute cuddly puppie and I know that he won't stay like that for long and my contract states that he must be brought back to me in the event that it doesn't work out - so I have to do my best to make sure I match him to the right person - today a lovely family arrived with two beautiful children who both screamed the moment the pups came any where near them :eek: Bear would rule that house in 5 minutes and would round those kids into a corner that he might not let them out of lol

I am going to wait like you for the right home, even if it is 6 months down the road - and noone has even wondered why he is the last one in face noone has even bothered asking :confused:

None of them need to be taken from my hands more like jimmied with a crow bar lol Bear is so special he is the cuddly one the one who is the first to give all over kisses each morning he is the last one out of the pen in the morning because he has manners lol x

Merlyn was going to be mine but circumstances won't allow me to keep him :( broken heart moment,

he is going to be working with his mum doing obedience and agility :)

Dante has found Opheliac (lovely Kayleigh) from these forums
    so that just leaves Bear and I know that you would have him in aheart beat hun and that would be good with me x x

lovely girl x x x

Thak you hun x x

I am crying here tomorrow will change everything :( :( :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice