Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

isnt it sad.....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zayna, May 13, 2010.

1. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

..... the amount of unwanted pets you see on sites like gumtree and preloved.

Was just having a browse and there are so many dogs and cats on there with people saying that 'they just don't have the time'. I know there are people out there who rehome their animals for genuine reasons (as I did) but some people it seems that they just buy a dog or cat then after a couple of years decide they dont want it. Wish we could take on a poor unwanted animal but cant afford it:(

2. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

It actually makes me sick. Truly sick. That human beings can see animals as being so disposable. :frown: :mad:

When i decide on another pet i take on that responsiblity for the rest of their lives, and before i decide to get a new family member i revise all my aspects of life to ensure i can accomadate this new pet. Money wise, time wise etc etc

The only one i never had time for revising all this for was my Springer Spaniel! I was called up to find him a home, i asked his background, heard it, was sickened, he was bought round....never left! He was a ''problematic'' dog but he is still here after 18 months and he will never leave. He is a lot better, bless him.

I do not believe in todays society of ''i want, and i want now' this is where a lot of problems stem from.

People just do not seem to give a Sh!t anymore. They want they get, they can't be assed, they dump :frown: :mad:

3. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

It's part of our easy come, easy go society - very sad.

Just as sad though, is that if those people who had come onto this forum saying they wanted a dog but a breeder/rescue had thought them unsuitable, there would be outcry about people's rights to have an animal. They would therefore go to a byb or puppy farmer who doesn't care where there animals go as long as they get a price for them.

4. Zayna

Zayna PetForums VIP

I can understand that there are some genuine cases where people have intentions of keeping the animal for life and then circumstances change but some of the excuses just arent good enough... like 'we havent got time and it isnt fair on the dog'. Its just annoying!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice