Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Isn't it heartbreaking?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by SpringerHusky, May 13, 2010.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

when dog's you know end up at the shelter. :(

Woodside Sanctuary - Dogs
    Scroll down to Springer. I've known him for years, he hated liver and white springer's so always had it in for barney but loved maya and maya got on well with him. He was always too strong for his owners and would often see them struggle with him :frown: I noticed I hadn't seen him about too much and had seen family members walk him, I feel so sad as he's such a wonderful boy.

Dogalogue - Gables Farm Dogs' & Cats' Home
    Scroll down to Elvie. I adore her so does Rusty, they would play for ages as they both are high energy dog. I know the owners have a collie mix whoose a bit moody and was getting fed up by elvie. Elvie would try and get their other dog to play by grabbing her collar and dragging her. I'm guessing they decided elvie was just too much for thier other dog but she was a very lively dog and they had her for 3 months before giving her up.

It really breaks my heart when you know the dogs and it just makes me wish I could hep.

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

It must be dreadful. Thankfully, I havent seen any that I know in these places. I used to walk the dogs at Woodside years ago and some of the stories are heartbreaking. My beautiful collie x came from there.

I know someone who works for the vets that the Gables use and says she sees such lovely dogs its hard to imagine why sometimes.

For my sins I often look on these sites and altho I feel guilty that I dont help anymore.

3. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

aww but positive thing is Springer is reserved :thumbup: so hopefully he'll get his forever home :)

i try not to look anymore as neither will rehome to us because of the lack of garden, but there are some gorgeous dogs on there.

We use the vets that gables uses aswell now because of our old rescue we got them them as they knew her history and what she was like, and they are pretty good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice