Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is wearing make-up a 'betrayal'?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tinktinktinkerbell, Oct 11, 2013.

1. tinktinktinkerbell

2. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

not imo, nothing wrong with looking glamerous.

3. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

not finished reading that booooring, heard/read similar before, but I completely disagree, anything that makes someone feel better isn't a betrayal, lets the inner beauty shine through, I contour my face, and it does change it A BIT but it doesn't make me un recognisable :rolleyes: I love make up and playing about with it, especially lippy. also other things like shapewear I am a big fan of, it makes me look and feel better, and doesn't change a lot, I just don't see the issue, the problem with the media they are one extreme or the other, either it's you MUST wear this, dress like this, and have no flab, cellulite etc, or you must not hide those things and have them on show or you are a con artist, ridiculous really.

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

I would say the one on the right has had a bit of air brushing too ;)

I wear make up...but my hubby still sees the ugly me in the morning :lol:

5. Flamingoes

Flamingoes PetForums VIP

For a start I reckon we have our old friend mr photo and his prosperous shop again but I may well be wrong, but I really don't think it's a betrayal.

6. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

Love eye make up black smokey eyes for me are a must. Make up is just a form of enhancement anyway.

7. Flamingoes

Flamingoes PetForums VIP

Sorry for the double post but oh do shut up :p

You're an adopted mother for a reason and you're ridiculously beautiful inside and out...in fact just get off the thread and sort my iphone out :p x

(I mean that, btw...especially the iphone bit x)

paddyjulie likes this.
  8. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

it is a lie..it was air-brushed!

9. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Oooooowwwww :001_wub: xx

Right let's sort this god darn phone out :001_rolleyes:

10. Toby Tyler

Toby Tyler Banned

No it isn't. That said I look like an entirely different person with make up vs without it. And I don't paint my face either, rather I use make up as a means to enhance. It does make me feel more confident when I'm out and about to at least wear mascara and lip gloss. Around the house and running errands etc. I'm usually fresh faced. People who've seen me only dressed up and wearing makeup seem to be shocked. :eek::

11. ItsonlyChris

ItsonlyChris PetForums Senior

Nothing wrong with doing what makes you happy.

It's probably a bit like kicking off because some bloke grew a beard.

12. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

To me, make up should be used to enhance one's features not totally mask over them as so many women do.

I used to love experimenting with make up, getting dolled up for a night out but I hated the feeling of too much make up on my skin so I kept my base light and played up my eyes. As I 've gotten older, I see life differently now and the things that once gave me joy, I see as not very important in the great scheme of things. It also hit me that without my make up, I had zero confidence.. so I ditched it and worked on other ways to build my self esteem. I try to look presentable but seldom wear make up now and when I do, I feel that I am covering up the real me.

So many woman (just my opinion) wear make up because it makes them feel good about themselves and that's ok but I think that if they were to truly examine their feelings they would realise that they are often hiding behind their make up, using it as a crutch. Make up, especially a full face, is a mask, you are wearing a mask.

personally, I think the woman in the article is wearing a mask, her make up is very heavy and I think that it detracts from the real her. I don't think her picture is photoshopped, make up artists can make skin look like that. I think she looks terrible with all that stuff on her face. She would look very lovely with a light tinted moisturiser, coat of mascara and a rosy lip gloss. Simple but pretty.

Why the need for all the make up? Whilst your sat there for an hour applying the stuff, all the trips to the loo to reapply, then the time spent taking it all off.... life is passing you by.

13. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

Oh, I forgot to say that ditching my make up was very liberating! Try it!

14. SirHiss

SirHiss Guest

My make up bag only consists of Oil of olay, mascara and lip gloss!!:eek:

15. tinktinktinkerbell

I admit I bought some sheer cover stuff, i am hoping to mask my imperfections (the same way as I would mask my big belly and calves or my lopsided boobs)

I want to hide the spots and blackheads, make me skin look smooth and hide my birthmark

Also thinking of getting some of that dermablend stuff for the latter

16. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Fairly easy to tell a woman wearing a mountain of make up - so any man who thinks she will look like that without it is a bit of a plonker. SO no, not a betrayal.

17. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

What do you use for your spots/blackheads as makeup will clog your pores. I know it helps remove the look of them.

18. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

But surely having a good skin care routine and diet would be better for these things than simply covering them with make up?

19. tinktinktinkerbell

I use nothing

Skin products just make me more spotty and greasy

Would still need make up for my birthmark

20. button50

button50 PetForums VIP

What have you tried?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice