UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my partner keeps pointing out to me that im apparently "obsessed" with my dogs?? i dont personally find that to be the case. in my mind spending most of the day with my dogs, walking, cuddling and playing seems pretty normal to me as i dont have much else to do until my night classes anyway. He thinks its strange that the dogs sit with me constantly and always want to be with me but in my head i choose to be with them as they are my best friends....id rather be with them and know im in the company of creatures that love me unconditionally and WANT to be with me to....or is this strange?? im not really sure anymore.....?? its not like i dont have "friends" because i do but id rather spent time walking my dogs than with so called friends i know have spoken badly of me or treated me badly...so any opinions on this? am i completely WEIRD for spending so much time with my dogs or is this acceptable??

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Totally normal :D

I would probably take Dex almost everywhere with me if I could, and when I know I have an entire day to spend with him, I am always so happy :)

My best mate has two Labs and she has been known to CANCEL plans with people because she'd rather be with her dogs. They would both be sleeping in the bed with her and her hubby if she had her way!

My brother is the same with his Lab - would take him everywhere and never leave him at home.

So you are in good company :D

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Well you've posted on a pet forum so I guess you already know the answer, however, if you posted on a general forum you'd more than likely get a different answer, but no, I don't think you're abnormal, I think you'll fit in very well here, most of us are just like you, prefer to be with our dogs if truth be known. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also think it is totally acceptable - dogs are a constant in our lives. Always in the same mood and overjoyed to see us when we come home! We know where we are with them, which we can't always say about even our best friends! However, I think we have to also accept that not everyone is into dogs in the same way. A friend came round recently and Bella wanted to cosy up next to her on the sofa. Whereas I was thinking oh how lovely, my friend was looking totally uncomfortable with the situation, so I had to reluctantly get Bella to go elsewhere. No harm done, as that's another thing about dogs - they don't take offence!! :)

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
My OH says the same thing to me all the time "your bloody obsessed with that dog" but i just love to research about them and spend time with my Cali............ you will love this forum and will be hooked in no time!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
i spend all day with my dogs, either snuggling on the sofa, walking, feeding etc so to me it's totally normal plus i take dai (some people think i'm weird for naming a dog dai :confused: ) daniel & dinky everywhere with me, they are one reason i'm learning to drive so i can take them places :) i've been told i spoil them too much but i'd rather spend my spare money on them than drinking or smoking :) oh they also sleep in my bed at night which some find odd :skep:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the reassurance everyone :) at least im not the only one thats a total dog nut :) the bf will just have to deal with it h. I couldnt live without my little babys and im happy to have found like minded people on here
xxx

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Cute dogs, I also get accused of being obsessed by hubby, thing is the more he gets annoyed the more obsessed I seem to become :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
What is "normal" any way? The very last thing you want to do is live by other peoples judgement of you IMO!

I am quite sure people think I am OTT about my animals but it is who I am, I couldn't change it if I tried.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
speaking to the converted on here :)

Sometimes it does hit home how dog mad I am like when I go on a TV show for people that are mad about dogs and I work out I am the maddest on their :eek::

·
Registered
758 Posts
My ex tells me I'm obsessed with Bo, and I may slightly agree, but the way I see it, I work all day and I get home to someone who thinks this is the best thing ever! She sits next to me on the sofa (except when I'm eating) she lies on my bed at night and I take her with me as much as possible.

There are 168 hours in a week, of this I spend:

45 hours in work
6 hours travelling to and from work
8 hours with my family
58 hours sleeping (sometimes more if Bo lets me sleep in!)
2 hours weekly shopping/out of house admin type stuff

leaving me just 49 hours a week to fuss my crazy baby!

When I think that Bo has to spend 119 hours a week (and that's even longer in dog hours) without me or asleep I like to make the time we have special.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like he's a little jealous lol.

As someone said though, you'll get different answers here than you would on a non-dog forum.

I work from home and am with my dog 24 hours every day really, unless we go shopping but that's only a couple of hours. I'm sure people think i'm a loser but I love my dog and want to spend all my time with him!

My other half often hears me wittering on to Milo in another room, and comes and asks what I am talking to him about. He looks really wounded and left out!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I am the troll who spoils the thread!
I am sorry to be the one to break it to you but yes you are weird. I know this because I too am a weirdo. Sadly everyone in this forum is also a weirdo. :(
Proof - when you tell people your favourite online activity do people congratulate you and tell you how sensible you are? No - you sort of get a pitying look and people move away slightly :frown2: (and this was the vet! :lol:)
when you start to talk to friends and family they stop you and say 'This isn;t about animals is it?
your OH calls your favourite website DOGCR*PBOOK. :eek::

Welcome to the Weird. We are your friends! :skep: :thumbup1:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
HAHA welcome to the forum! We're all a little crazy on here :crazy:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My OH used to complain about me being obsessed with the dog, until we took in a pregnant stray cat who had 5 kittens... I think he wishes we could go back to just the dog. Maybe you should try that? :D
I think his main problem is having to share meat, I am a veggi and any meat I buy is a treat that has to be shared. It used to be all his, now it is split between him, the dog, the cat and depending on the meat, sometimes the hamsters and the hedgehog too(which he finds very unfair, since the dog, cat and hedgehog's diets are meat-based already, and the hamsters and hedgehog get mealworms for treats) :lol:

Maybe we should start some kind of support club for our OH's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
209 Posts
My husband often jokes he is going to wag his tail or grow wings or swim about to get more attention from me :)

I think non doggy people don't get us
I was covered in rabbit hairs as a child and I get covered in dog hairs now...seems normal to me lol. But I know some people think we're mad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.