Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this true?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lullabydream, Apr 5, 2021.

1. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

OK this popped up in an email from Etsy.

I believe @SbanR will completely agree with the statement is correct for me. I did seek out every resource I could for a cat, and Ivy definitely is the best cat for us!

I just wonder if anyone else agree with the statement!
    Here it is
    Screenshot_20210405_113542_com.etsy.android.jpg

Soozi, Nicola234, huckybuck and 11 others like this.
  2. Willsee

Willsee PetForums Member

Mine should say

“F*ck I’m 50 so I’m getting two cats” :D

Best decision I made :)

3. huckybuck

huckybuck Cat Chat long lost friend

It’s been said a couple of times in my lifetime

I lost my first cat when I was 16 and Mum said I couldn’t have another.

Went away to uni and at 19 thought f*** it
    I got Cinders. Told Mum only way I was coming home for Christmas was with her in tow...Mum didn’t want me to take her back in the New Year lol!

Told OH when I first met him he had to have a cat - he ended up with two.

When Cinders died he said I could get another but I wasn’t ready - it took me a year by which time he had changed his mind!

He went on holiday and I thought f*** it lol
    Huck joined the household.

I am seriously tempted to utter the words again but so far have managed to restrain myself...

4. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Yeah I definitely agree! Took me a while to talk my husband around to the idea but I eventually got Indie, husband defo wasn’t sure about cats, kids thought I had went nuts as I’ve always been dog crazy lol but everyone soon came round when we got him and he’s changed a lot of dog peoples views on cats, best decision!

5. lullabydream

I love your attitude @Willsee and what beautiful cats too

Awww @huckybuck who could forget your story of getting Huck. I remember reading that here which seems an eternity ago now.

@Nicola234 I think everyone said the same about me. I get a puzzled you mean another dog, like I have accidently typed cat instead of dog.

6. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

First thing I wanted to do when we bought our own flat in 2000 was get my first cat. Husband wasn't as keen as me at first, and we ended up waiting a year but did eventually get our first cat in 2001 (Yoshi) followed quite quickly by our second cat (Spoon) because we thought Yoshi needed a friend. Turned out Yoshi didn't really agree with the friend idea but they did eventually become frenemies.

They were definitely the right additions to our flat tho, as once they were there the flat felt like home.

Now I can't imagine a home without a cat (or 5) in :-D

Willsee, Soozi, ewelsh and 2 others like this.
  7. Bertie'sMum

Bertie'sMum Obedient Cat Slave

When this pops into your inbox then you know you really are a "Crazy Cat Lady"

images (2).jpg

Willsee, LinznMilly, ewelsh and 2 others like this.
  8. ewelsh

ewelsh PetForums VIP

When I had my flat, I wanted a cat, but my O/H said “NO way” he didn’t like cats! - A few days later I got Loulou :D

1 year later, we moved to a country cottage with a big garden so naturally I wanted a dog, O/H said “not yet” but I did and along came my Labrador Sophie.
    O/H then said “ well, now you have 1 cat and 1 dog, I want MY dog” I said - “ NO not yet” 1 week later he came home with a rescue terrier, Pippa

5 years later we had moved again, bigger house and garden, he came home to 18 rescue chickens which went down a storm :Hilarious then I rescued two ponies, I won’t repeat his words on that.
    He said “ NO MORE I MEAN IT, so one day I went for geese or ducks I didn’t mind but I came home with a kitten, Libby :Smuggrin husband said “*******” within that month he came home with another rescue puppy spaniel Lucy.

7 years later, husband found a dumped black kitten on our lane, I said “ NO NO NO more” he said tuff :Hilarious

so at one point we ended up with 4 dogs 3 cats, 2 rescue ponies, 18 rescue chickens all without consulting each other :Hilarious:Hilarious

And why not, life should be exciting :Smuggrin

9. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

All I'm saying is I had a husband once ...
    But F*CK IT, a cat is way better :Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious

ewelsh, lullabydream, Willsee and 2 others like this.
  10. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

I wanted a cat for a long time before I eventually got my first 2 kittens. Back then, it was unusual to keep indoor cats and I lived in a flat (still do) so I was hesitant. It was actually reading cat magazines and realising that some people did successfully keep cats indoors, even if it was unusual in this country at the time, that made me realise it was possible. I actually bought some cat food and put it in the cupboard to signify my commitment to getting a cat soon and it became a family joke. When my mum visited to see the flat (she didn’t live nearby) my brother in law followed us around meowing and hinting at the cat food in the cupboard. I didn’t want to tell my mum until I’d actually got a cat as I knew she’d try to talk me out of it. I ended up getting 2 kittens and when I told my mum she acted like I’d done the most irresponsible thing in the world and that it was such a commitment. She came around but when I lost Magpie she was all “don’t get another one”. Of course I did....

cheekyscrip, Joy84 and Nicola234 like this.
  11. lullabydream

Awwww that's a brilliant story.
    It's a shame some family members never get pets. My sister, really doesn't do pets at all. Plus she is allergic to everyone. She excites the dogs by getting nervy and silly with them instead of staying calm.. Pretty hilarious.

Now cats, she's really allergic to so in the past year or so her 2 sons have got cats. Now I have a cat. I have joked we are trying to keep her away. It's not as if anyone is really seeing each other due to this pandemic situation anyway.

12. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

6B813E42-6A7F-40DE-AF5D-30F502CA56B5.jpeg View attachment 466259 When we saw poor sick Garfield getting weaker every day we wanted to get him despite common sense saying No!
    OH told me “I will divorce you if you get a cat”.
    My son said “It will be sad without Dad”... and we went to get the kitten.

Guess how that panned out :)

lullabydream and Nicola234 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice