Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this the start of whats to come?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by XxZoexX, May 3, 2011.

1. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

2. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I think security will be higher everywhere hun. I live in a town where we have a Royal Navy training base, across the water from Devonport Royal Dockyard where nuclear subs are decommissioned, In the Cuty there are Army Barracks and a military base

I think everywhere is on high security I wouldn't be suprised if in the dockyard its been raised to 'red'

As people become more vigilant more arrests will be made. It's scary but I'm pretty sure after the initial fuss and panic we are in more risk. As soon as people stop noticing things is when we have the problem. After 9/11 7/7 and the airport bomb a few years back I remember thinking security was high and people panicked but nothing major happened for a while after as everyone was more vigilant.

My dad has been sellafield a few times on work related matters and their security and safety is good anyway :)

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Arghhhhhhh i am so unbelievably stessed because of this you have no idea!!!!

juliex

4. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

They should throw em in with bin ladin

5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I was just going to say, JULIE IS STUCK!!!!

:lol: xxxx

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Police were stopping variouse cars comeing into Barrow just before :confused: dont know if its connected, they did'nt stop me just as well I needed the loo & I mean needed it :eek:

7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

pmsl...i might be if i cant get the bleeding car round the bollards......

8. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: Just get out and walk - go back for it tomorrow, it's the only way :lol:

xxxxxx

9. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it would take me a couple of hours to walk home :eek::eek:

10. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I think I'd just end up sitting on the bonnet and crying :lol: xxxxxxx

11. poohdog

poohdog PetForums VIP

If you believe every scare story in the press you want locking up...The sound of German bombers overhead 70 years ago was something to fear...not the scaremongering crap from politicians and the media nowadays.

12. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

13. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

OH has just left for work hopeing that they have the yard on lock down so he can have another day off :blink: he does'nt think there's much chance of that as the man wants his Sub finished :lol:

14. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

bullbags.. they arrested them on suspicion of looking suspicious... brilliant...

it's a non story basically, everyones being super keen to show the public that 'something' is being done but tbh stuff like this isn't really what 'gets' the terrorists (abit like airport security, all frills, no knickers).

from the lack of info they could easily have just been stood having a fag while driving somewhere, cos they're 'foreign' beign stood about or driving your mates about that's blatantly an 'act of suspicion'... you could arrest the whole of cowley, oxford, for that sort of shenanigans. seriously, they're all dodgy looking.

i'm all for national security.. but wasting my tax on rubbish like this just so the thickies in the public who know nothing about security and won't believe that just cos they can't see it it does exists and then whinge on about their tax being 'wasted' on proper undercover, never seen stuff does my head in.

15. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

but they were doing more than just standing around, they were taking phots of pipelines and had been driving around the perimeter of the plant for a couple of hours...rumour has it...the police have still got the road blocked off where they were

#15 paddyjulie, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  16. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Jesus Julie never thought thats your neck of the woods :eek:

I think everywhere is going to be on high alert at the moment, Rightly or wrongly. Personally i think id rather them be overzelous than sit back and wait for something to happen :(

17. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Me too and lets face it theres no smoke without fire:nono: And if they are up to something they should stick em on a bloody boat with a hole in it :D

18. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

thats where i work...
    there is no reason for them to have been where they were..the road where they were stopped does not go anywhere except onto site

juliex

19. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

if I was to stand outside the dockyard here taking pictures I'd be arrested as a terrorst suspect. There are laws against photos ain certain protected sites e.g. MOD sites.

I'd say this story has come to light from recent events however it is also good that they are taking it seriously. If they are found innocent then no harm really has been done, if something is found then good.

:D

these places need to be more vigilant than ever, it's just the news does not help :)

20. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Blimy, Didnt know that..
    My OH used to have to go there for work purposes i havent had chance to chat to him about it yet but am i right in thinking the security usually is very high and its not like they could just wander in anyway xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice