Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this Rat orbital tightening?

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by DinoLauren, Mar 8, 2019.

1. DinoLauren

DinoLauren PetForums Newbie

78E43A5F-91A7-42AC-969B-B73C31C570BC.jpeg C92F651C-7088-40D2-8B74-1F92B4D69C39.jpeg Hi everyone,

I lost this boys brother before Christmas to a brain tumour so am prehaps a little paranoid but could someone let me know if he looks Ok according to the the grimace scale?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Member

Hey @DinoLauren sorry it took so long for someone to answer your post.

I'll start off by saying that I'm not a vet and any concerns should be spoke about with your vet.

I believe your little rattie is ok and it's perfectly ok to be 'paranoid'! His whiskers aren't bunched and he doesn't look drawn in the face; ears and eyes look normal too!

Some brain issues can be hereditary and not all show signs/symptoms but some to look out for are:
    -Weight. (increase/decrease dramatically)
    -face looks thin and drawn
    -eyes bulging (boggling is normal)
    -Head tilting (red/ruby eyed rats sway and tilt their heads normally as they cant see as well)
    -gait
    -depression
    -appetite loss
    -skin and coat care (is the rat able to groom itself. does he look unkept and scruffy?)

How old is your lil' squish and does he have anymore friends to live with or was it just them two?

I hope I could help and put your mind at rest. If you need anymore advice I'll be happy to help! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice