Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is this normal?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by trabonita, Jul 14, 2009.

1. trabonita

trabonita PetForums Member

Hi,

Sorry to be so graphic but, is it normal for dogs to have softer poo's on wet food? I changed my 6mth old from wainwrights dry food to Naturediet wet about three weeks ago and he loves it, but i've noticed his poo can be slightly sloppy sometimes! I'm confident he does not have a tummy bug or any illness, any ideas?

Thanks

2. rona

rona Guest

What flavour are you feeding? Mine can't tolerate the chicken and I find that he is best to only have one meal of nature diet and one of Chappie

3. trabonita

trabonita PetForums Member

he is on puppy/junior chicken but I have just ordered him the adult Lamb so maybe that will make a difference. He only has one pack a day as he is only 10kg and I find that is enough for him. It will be interesting to see if it is the chicken?

4. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

I have actually heard it said before that if you feed your dog wet food, his poo will be quite wet, but if you only feed him dry food, his poo will be a lot drier. Dunno how true it is though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice