Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucy963, Apr 24, 2011.

1. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

Hi just want to check that this is normal have read a lot of dogs in through teenage years about 1 year old. Misty is coming up 1 next week, she has been getting really calm recently. When I am sitting down she goes and lies down. She was always totally hyper all the time. She is still a nervous dog so still got ongoing out side but just wondering if this is normal of a neutered female when they get to this age or is she going to rebel more than ever.

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

she is just growing up and becoming an adult.

3. Mama Sass

Mama Sass PetForums Senior

Basil is nearly 18 months and has all of a sudden grown up - calmer in the house, does as he's asked (most of the time!) and he even behaves better when we're out!

So yes, I would say it's entirely normal - we are now enjoying the fruits of our labour so to speak!

:)

4. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

Thanks guys I think it is just growing up too. I just hope she doesn't start trying to rebel again and this is going to be her from now on.

5. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Oh that's maybe too much like wishful thinking - even older dogs have their moments! You've just got to expect that. ;)

6. beary_clairey

beary_clairey PetForums VIP

I think she is growing up.

My cavvy has really calmed down between the age of one to now and she is nearly 2 years old.

Also much more trusting and even more loving if thats poss!

Still young and bombing around like a loon when she wants to as well which is the best of both worlds!:D

Bella is also now 16months and we can leave the 2 of them in the living room and they dont destroy anything which is great!;)

7. WelshOneEmma

WelshOneEmma PetForums VIP

Piper calmed down after her spay (was 11 months) then when she hit12-13 months really started pushing it again. On the whole she is quite good (calmer) but we do have the odd days where she will not do as she's told. Also can't be trusted out the front anymore (ran off in front of a car) so she is no longer allowed out the front unless on a lead (was always being watched though). I assume she has left puppyhood and is becoming a teenager!

8. lucy963

lucy963 PetForums Senior

Thanks she still being good although has her moments like most dogs. Sorry not been on here for a while to reply until now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice