Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this Hayfever or a Cold ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by willa, May 31, 2010.

1. willa

willa PetForums VIP

For the past 4 weeks i've had a consant blocked nose,i'm constantly needing to blow my nose & masses of yellow mucus comes out :eek:

Does this sound like Hayfever ? I'm taking Piriton,but it's not doing anything

What else is good for Hayfever ? btw i hardly ever sneeze ...

2. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Doesn't sound like hayfever, could you have sinusitis? maybe it's become infected.

Jon had the same as you for months, he went to the docs and they gave him antibiotics to clear it up.... Maybe its worth getting it checked out just in case

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

The appearance of mucus suggests that its an infection, so prob a cold! I had one for 2 weeks, and antihistamines didn't touch it!

4. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Yellow mucus.. sounds like an infection. Please go to the doctors! It probably started off as a cold and then developed into an infection. Userally very green or yellow mucus means an infection. It doesn't sound like hayfever. I have that and it just makes your eyes puffy and you sneeze a lot.

5. willa

willa PetForums VIP

I've had plenty of colds in my life,but never lasted for so long !!

What could the infection be ? It's really thick yellow mucus :(

6. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

If it's viral then they will tell you to increase your fluids and maybe take some vitimen tablets or something. If it's bacterial they will give you antibiotics. Couldn't say exactly what it is though :(

7. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Maybe it's a allergy to something ? It's driving me mad :(

8. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Yeah could well be a cold.

I've had one for 3 weeks!! with the hacking cough. Thought it was starting to go then on saturday the temp came back and got it back again with the cough. Not had a break from it!!:mad:

9. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

It could be. I'm allergic to the dechlorinator from my fish tank. So if I have to put a plant back in place my hands break out. But I believe it can affect your sinuses and not just the skin. If you want to find out though you have to go private. The NHS will only give you an allergy test if you have an anathalaxic shock (spelling?) or a full body reaction which this isn't.

10. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Well i do work in a Nusery School so won't be surprised if i caught germ from the Kids. they have constant running noses & put used tissues back into the tissue box !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice