Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is this form of tea ok for her??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by littleblackcat, Jan 5, 2012.

1. littleblackcat

littleblackcat PetForums Member

hey all my kitten is obsessed with tea if you dont kep ur cup close to you she will have her head init
    when im tryin to make tea i have to keep gettin her off the side as shes waiting for it to be ready
    2day was the last straw as she got in my cup again that i thought i had well gaurded so i bought some kitten milk and decafinated tea bags and mde her sum tea with them and she loves its just the sme and horray my cup of tea is safe haha but i jst wanted 2 double check this way of making tea is ok for her ? as a friend told me 2day that it was stupid and its stil going to harm her

2. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

Sorry I can't give you a definite answer but I'll be interested in the answers to this too. My cats aren't interested in tea but my Border Collie loves it, I never make her a cup of her own but she always likes to polish off the last trickles of anyone else's.

3. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

It would appear that tea does contain toxic components. Link for info: Chocolate Toxicity in Dogs and Cats (it says chocolate, but it has info on tea and coffee too)

Whether the amount you are letting your cat drink will is enough to harm her, that's debatable. I personally wouldn't risk it myself. Would your cat not drink just the kitten milk, warmed up? It usually goes down well as a treat for most cats.

4. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

I'd not let mine drink it. Water is all my kitten gets to drink

5. littleblackcat

ill try the kitten milk warmed up
    shes terrible when u have tea she never leaves it alone i ususally let her have some of her tea a couple of nights a week it wud give me peace for a bit hehe and she loved it just the sme but ill try replacing it with the milk untill ive researched a lil more

6. jo-pop

jo-pop PetForums VIP

How old is she?
    If she is fully weaned she doesn't need milk of any kind

7. littleblackcat

she is nearly 5 months old but shes reli small for her age u can feel all the way down her spine and her ribbs when u stroke her and her side go in slightly so wud she benifit from the milk i am tryin 2 feed her up wiv meat and dry food and she gets turkey n chicken ect also i guess because shes so small i give her wat she wants so if she wants tea she gets tea
    i think its cause she was taken from her mum 2 early

8. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

If she needs to put on weight then she would benefit from some good quality food, not some treat milk that is hardly nutritious at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice