Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is this food good?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by simonsays, May 28, 2010.

1. simonsays

simonsays Banned

i feed my dogs one tin of wet food a day that isnt their main food its just a daily treat really they have dry food down 24/7 (csj champ). ive had them on lots of different wet food but ive found one i like just wanted to know what you thought. it cost me £3 for 12 cans! it is foreign so cant really understand what it says but the multipack of 12 cans has 2 flavours poulet and beouf (chicken and beef i googled it lol) and on the back of each can it says poulet 14% and beouf 14%, that means 14% meat right? then thats good because the other tins ive had them on such as tescos own and pedigree only have 4% meat and cost twice as much. And something kinda weird is that there is 3 cans of cat food in the with variety pack lol i dont what they are doing there. anyway should i start to give them this food and stop all the other tins? like i said i know its not the best quality but it doesnt really matter its more like a treat than a meal they have their csj champ down 24/7

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

What is the name of the food?

14% meat is pretty awful I'm afraid. Obviously better that pedigree, but what food isn't?

Why not try something like naturediet? £13.99 for 18 390g trays, and I believe it's 60% meat. Personally I think that's a fantastic price for the quality. If you only use it as a treat you could give each dog say a quarter of a tray each (not sure how many dogs you have or what breed, obviously you'd have to take into account the fact that it's a complete food) and the 18 would last a good while, it can be frozen too and defrosted as needed to save spoilage.

In all honesty, given the meat content and that it's given as a treat, I'd not bother at all as 14% is pretty crap and since it's not English you'd no idea what the rest is.

3. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

There is alot of good natural wet foods out there.
    Just a thought,for the price of the wet foods,would it not be easier to make cooked chicken,fish and veg etc? If they are having CSJ (good food by the way ;) ) they will be getting a good diet,so its really only as treats.Also some raw bones etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice