Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is this a phantom?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by catslave80, Apr 6, 2011.

1. catslave80

catslave80 PetForums Newbie

I have a neutered 5year old boxer and a 2 year old alaskan malamute girl not neutered, no intention of breeding what so ever, have always had boy neutered dogs, she was my first girl as when I went to see the litter There were only 2 girls left, and as it was such a good breeders litter, health tested, and Id been looking for about 2years I didnt want to miss out so I had a girl.

My question is she is never out of my site, on seasons I keep her in or walk her on a lead, we have a very very large garden so I go outside with her, have done everything I can.

Now! the other day I noticed her collecting my daughters teddies and placing them neatly in the corner, at first I found it sweet, but now Im worried, but how would she have been caught? she has never left my site, the only times I can think (and Im 100% sure there was no season) was when my daughter / son / husband have walked her, if Im at work etc, I have grilled them and they all swear that no dog has been near her!

I have her booked in for the vets today at 1pm, but Im up as I can sleep through thinking about it, Im under contract not to breed endorsements etc and really dont want to, Ive been looking up mismate jabs? How far along can this be given? Can she be spayed if she is pregnant? how far along can that be done?

Im so sure that she isnt but why is she doing these things? Then my kids are saying that no dog has been near her, I am literally sweating buckets, she is a big girl anyway and isnt eating more (well she would if she was given half the chance!)

shes always loving following me about so no change there, I pray im being paranoid. is it normaly for un neutered girls to act like this? I was told to neuter her at abour 2 half 3 years so she will be mature on my vets advice, my boys were all done at the same age and never sired any pups in 20years of owning dogs.

2. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

No advice, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, but I didn't want to read and run.

I'm pretty sure there was someone on here a little while back and her dog had a phantom pregnancy. It does happen.

I also think if your family says absolutely no, they're not lying. It would take a bit of time and they would have been talking about it, right? I'd go to the vets and try not to worry too much. Wish you well.

3. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

how did it go at the vets?

does sound liek it could be a phantom.

4. It may well be a phantom. Has she had any change in her nipples?

If she has on the off chance been caught there are two things that can be done (mismate or spaying) so I wouldnt worry to much.

Hows it gone at the vets?

5. catslave80

Well I feel a bit silly after all of that worrying! She isnt pregnant, thank god and has been booked into be spayed at the easter holiday, they felt her, no change and did a scan, my poor kids Ive been shouting at them! oh dear!

popped out after and treated everyone to a easter egg!

6. That's good news.

Keep an eye on her as "feeling" is not always 100% and scans can show nothing usually have to be done after so many days. But the likely hood is she isnt. After all your family said no dogs have been near her.

Good luck with the spay. Keep us updated!!

7. catslave80

Hi everyone mum was neutered, 100% no pregnant, she is alot happier now as am I! thanks for the advice!

8. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Thats excellent news, thank you for being responsible :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice