Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is this a good food....

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by e_clark, May 24, 2010.

1. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Our local pet food place has started doing their own brand of dried dog food, and I think the ingredients look good, but would be grateful if someone who knows more about these things could have a check for me! Seems pretty cheap too, puppy one is £15.99 for 7.5kg and adult is £31.99 for 15kg - cheap compared to Royal Canin that my little boy will be on when he comes anyways! Its nearly half the price in fact.

Ingredients:
    chicken meal (min 26%), rice (mine 26%), maize, sugar beet pulp, chicken fat, oats, brewers yeast, fishmeal, egg powder, linseed, fish oil, vitamins and minerals, glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate, MSM

Protein 30%, oil 14%, fibre 2.5%, ash 7%, vitamin a, vitamin d3, vitamin e, copper

Thanks!

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Which royal canin is your pup currently on?

3. e_clark

e_clark PetForums Junior

Mini Junior

4. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

It is certainly better than what your pup will be on now.There are a few things i personally would try and avoid for my dogs but its not bad.Alot cheaper for you too.
    Once you get started on looking at other foods,it gets very complicated doesnt it.Some dogs just dont suit some foods,no matter how much we'd like them to eat it!
    Why not ask for a sample and see if pup likes it before you decide.

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Just want to add emma, that make sure the kibble is like, small size kibble, because your toy poodle might find it difficult to eat it otherwise. when i say small, i mean the kibble is like the same size as the mini junior kibble on royal canin.

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

sounds like its the exact same stuff that we sell under our name.

its good food. we sell ours cheaper though :p

7. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Sounds pretty good to me too. I would probably happier without the Maize and egg powder but lots of feeds contain it (along with far worse:lol:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice