UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
It might be easier to just give an example of something and ask, "Would this be against the rules, and if so, why?"

We could all debate it then and have a grand old time. Don't keep it all to yourself! ;)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be easier to just give an example of something and ask, "Would this be against the rules, and if so, why?"

We could all debate it then and have a grand old time. Don't keep it all to yourself! ;)
Who gets the deciding vote against what is allowed and what isn't though?

do we need to start making a poll for every thread we want to submit lol because your sure as hell gunna offend somebody, somewhere along the lines!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and just a sub note... If there is anything within this thread that any Moderator disagrees with can I please ask for you to delete the individual posts and not the whole thread, this way everybody can take advantage of knowing what the rules are!

Many thanks

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
of rules anywhere? for this forum?

I have looked over the forum rules and they are very generic and open to interpretation.

Is there a list of the exact do's and dont's?
Yes! The rules are...................

1. All women can take the pee out of any male member without fear of being banned.

2. All male members keep your mouths shut and you wont get hurt:lol:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And going slightly back to topic, although inciteful and helpful that is still very generalist and says threads may be deleted if it is thought they may cause an argument, but nobody knows if something is going to cause an argument or not untill an argument happens.

I guess what I am really after is a list of topics that under no circumstances must be talked about!

·
Registered
14,997 Posts
And going slightly back to topic, although inciteful and helpful that is still very generalist and says threads may be deleted if it is thought they may cause an argument, but nobody knows if something is going to cause an argument or not untill an argument happens.

I guess what I am really after is a list of topics that under no circumstances must be talked about!
Why??? that is virtually impossible :rolleyes: Its mostly how WE as members react not the thread itself. We have all been over this time and time again at the end of the day the mods cannot please everyone ALL of the time thats just the way it is.

If u had a definitive list we probably wouldnt be able to speak at all! lol

·
Gobsh!te
7,128 Posts

to be honest hun i think anything could be open to be discussed, however anything can turn into a argument really

G

·
Maybe a sticky at the top of general could be made with some basic bullet points on the headings from the FAQ, to remove some of the ambiguity of them?

Each heading with just a few bullet points, consise statements that are easy to read and refer to, and are black and white...

Headings from FAQ are:

Staff and Moderating
Accounts
Use of Language
Harassment
Libel and Slander
Explicit Material
Copyright Material
Respect
Private Messaging
Account Suspension
Account Removal
Disputes and Concerns

Also, topics which are advised against and may be removed if deemed inappropriate (most likely to be around breeding (cross breeds and intentional breeding of un-tested parents), sale of pets etc)

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
The problem with a definitive list is that it is never finished. As a country we're still making new laws to govern people after almost 2000 years!

I think to be honest, a general list or paragraph of guidelines is about the best anyone can hope for.

It's not the subject matter that will wreck a thread, it's the attitude of the posters contributing to it. For that reason, it's best just to walk the dog if you're feeling frustrated. Maybe that's a good rule to have?

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Being honest I dont think half of our members actually read them anyway, when I have pointed some in the direction of them they have actually told me they didnt know they existed, as for making them stickys not many people read those either

·
Registered
12,684 Posts

Somedays just about everything will cause an argumen just depends who is on and posting on the thread, other times threads have been started which ime sure will last all of 2 minutes have run pretty smoothly so even with hard and fast rules you can never be sure.

Ime sure of one thing though sometimes you wouldnt believe this was an open forum

·
Registered
12,684 Posts

Somedays just about everything will cause an argument just depends who is on and posting on the thread, other times threads have been started which ime sure will last all of 2 minutes have run pretty smoothly so even with hard and fast rules you can never be sure.

Ime sure of one thing though sometimes you wouldnt believe this was an open forum

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Also, topics which are advised against and may be removed if deemed inappropriate (most likely to be around breeding (cross breeds and intentional breeding of un-tested parents), sale of pets etc)
That's probably a good suggestion.

The issue is though, that there will always be people who feel aggrieved if their thread is deleted or closed before they have a chance to reply.

I think it would be a good idea to set up a category/forum called "The Wilderness - A place for threads which don't belong" or something like that. Rather than delete threads entirely, the mods could move them to "The Wilderness" section. That way, the people on the thread still get a chance to continue replying to eachother and carrying on their conversation, albeit it in a seperate forum category.

It would stop all queries like this and others for good.

Sorry I can't be of more help Merlin.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Being honest I dont think half of our members actually read them anyway, when I have pointed some in the direction of them they have actually told me they didnt know they existed, as for making them stickys not many people read those either
i'll be honest i have never read any. I just go with the flow so to speak, I just accept if a mod deletes my thread then their must be a reason. I'd never be abusive as that wont get you anywhere anyway

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.