Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is there a bug going round?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bearcub, Jan 25, 2012.

1. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Was speaking to a lady on a walk today who told me one of her Pointers was back home after being sick, and lo and behold Florence has now been sick four times this evening :( and is not her usual self. Although after spending most of the evening cleaning up after her, I'm starting to feel sick too :scared:

I can't imagine it's food connected, hopefully just a bug but will most likely be off to the vet in the morning.

Has anyone else had an unwell dog recently?

Sorry this is a bit of a ramble, just trying to settle my nerves really, as I tend to be a complete hypochondriac on Florence's behalf the minute she's not herself :(

2. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

There's been a few posts on here about dogs not being themselves and throwing up.

Keep an eye on her, and she'll be right as rain soon enough :)

3. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Seems be be a few dogs poorly lately :( hope yours is better soon :)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Had a poorly one last week :(. Seem to be a lot at present.

5. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

Both mine have been poorly too,All fine now though:)

6. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Our two were the other week & quite a few dogs round here have been to where we walk anyway, only sick though & very, very sleepy for a couple of days, which is'nt like these two at all.

7. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

our little Ches is not so well at the moment..just been and had anti-sickness jab at vets this evening and tablets

Hope florence is feeling better soon x

8. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

Florence has only been sick and has been sleeping a lot. She didn't even come through to the kitchen when we were eating dinner which is very unlike her.

Sorry to hear so many other dogs have been sick but relieved that it is most likely a bug. We will be at the vets tomorrow and will put her on 24hr starvation :scared:

9. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Our vet said starve for 24hr then give small amounts & if no better go in, I had to go in with Banjo as he needs his food to take his meds & was'nt sure if it was a bug but they were both sick took a good 3 - 4 days to get over it :( hopefully Florence will be ok after her fasting & wont need the vet x

10. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

holyshihtzu's bichon has been ill with a mystery illness lately, and now she herself and her brother are starting to feel sick too! :eek:

11. L/C

L/C PetForums VIP

Gypsy has been sick this morning and for the first time ever, doesn't want to go for a walk. :( Going to have the day off work to keep an eye on her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice