UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Milo has AC, sometimes Grau and hilife as part of his rotation. I have given him Bozita but it seems to give him the runs and smelly wind :( Is smilla any good to use as a replacement for the Bozita?

Thanks x

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Hi,
Milo has AC, sometimes Grau and hilife as part of his rotation. I have given him Bozita but it seems to give him the runs and smelly wind :( Is smilla any good to use as a replacement for the Bozita?

Thanks x
Personally, I think it is ok - nothing more, nothing less. Catch is that though it is very cheap (that should to some degree be a clue re the quality of the ingredients), it is often not accepted by cats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know the answer to your questions I'm afraid but I am interested in the answers.
Every wet cat food we have tried gives Inka the runs so currently she is just in Iams dry on the vets advice.

we have tried: iams pouches, whiskas kitten, felix AGAIL kitten, Applaws Kitten and Bozita.

We have AC kitten in the cupboard but daren't try it, as I am sick of cat poo trailed all over the house.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Can you advise me what another good food would be plz , Thanks xx
I actually think that with Grau, Animonda Carny and I guess the Bozita tins you have - imo - exhausted the range of decent food on zooplus. They are currently trialling some new food(s) on zooplus.de but I don't know whether it will be available here at all or whether you would be interested at all (as it is a little pricier).

What are your ideas of good food? High meat content? Transparent labelling of ingredients? No or little grains? Good protein and fat content?

Have you looked at Lily's Kitchen as a food to have in the rotation. It is expensive for what it is but it is made in the UK and is organic.

Would you be willing to buy from German online shops? Because they haven't got an English site (but you can use chrome to translate) and because you have to pay for postage (around 9 euro for 30 kg), those online shops are not quite as convenient as zooplus but they offer you access to some really good food in return.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What are your ideas of good food? High meat content? Transparent labelling of ingredients? No or little grains? Good protein and fat content?
I think this is a really good question. For me at the moment it anything that Inka can eat without getting a runny tummy. Prior to her tummy troubles it was anything with clear labelling I think.

I am obsessed with cat food as the pet cat we had when I was a child died from some sort of brain disorder, and as this was at the height of the BSE epidemic (and I was 8 or so) I have never been able to shake the thought that the cheapo kwiksave own brand cat food he was fed had something to do with it. Although, hindsight and the rational brain of an adult I can see it is likely he had multiple strokes. But I will never know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rex likes the Tuna with Sardines but can take or leave the other fish pots.

Personally I found the tuna tins to be very dry and think Rex found them hard work!

He prefers his Bozita :)

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
CatzFineFood is quite a good quality wet food available in tins and pouches, and most cats seem to like it.

Not available from ZP, but from Fuettern-mit-Spass and other German websites.

catzfinefood • www.fuettern-mit-spass.de

As far as I recall you have to order a minimum of 50 euros for them to ship to the UK. Shipping cost is about 9 euros I believe. Maybe post a request on the Food Club thread asking if anyone has any unwanted CatzFineFood they could send you to try it for your cats.:)

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
CatzFineFood is quite a good quality wet food available in tins and pouches
In my eyes that is perhaps the understatement of the year when it comes to cat food. :D If you read threads on this forum you will see Milosmummy that I wax lyrical about this food. Alongside, petnatur (superb food). When you have a browse around that German petshop website also have a look at Macs - very good food for the price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the forum and thanks to the food posts/threads in here my two kittens are now on a wet food diet and I order their food from the german online shops. They have Mac's, Catzfinefood and Granatapet in rotation and so far so good! I was wondering about Granatapet as it doesn't seem to be mentioned here so often... can it be compared to Mac's and Catz in terms of quality? (Their cans do not contain BPA – e-mailed them a while ago – so that is a plus).

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Hi! I'm new to the forum and thanks to the food posts/threads in here my two kittens are now on a wet food diet and I order their food from the german online shops. They have Mac's, Catzfinefood and Granatapet in rotation and so far so good! I was wondering about Granatapet as it doesn't seem to be mentioned here so often... can it be compared to Mac's and Catz in terms of quality? (Their cans do not contain BPA – e-mailed them a while ago – so that is a plus).
Hey and welcome to the forum! Granatapet is another good one; you are right, it often fails to get a mention. There were rumours a while back that Zooplus (de at least) would start stocking Macs and Granatapet but whether that will still happen I don't know.

Not sure where you buy your goodies from (well done by the way for doing your research!) but FuetternmitSpass have got another interesting food in their range now - Just for Cats Felidis: https://www.fuettern-mit-spass.de/katzenfutter/nassfutter/just-for-cats-felidis/. Very dense pate, smells quite herby (like the Macs pouches if you use them) but love the declaration and the content. We are currently trialling the adult no 2 and 3.

Then there is also Balduin, which is organic. Only slight problem is that although it is very detailed in what the food contains as it doesn't mention how much broth etc they use we don't know how much meat is in there overall once broth is included in the equation. Small detail and I just never got round to emailing them about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for replying back Hobbs! I order from Zoobi, and although they have very acceptable shipping costs to Portugal (7€ per 30 kg, whereas FuetternmitSpass charges 16€), they certainly lack the variety FuetternmitSpass offers. Anyhow, from time to time I'll be ordering from FuetternmitSpass as I'm eager to feed the kitties other foods such as Petnatur and the one you just recommended – Felidis. They're definitely not picky (hope I won't regret typing this...:rolleyes:) so I'm also considering feeding them raw as soon as I find a reputable butcher I can buy meat from.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.