Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is she in season?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sarybeagle, May 6, 2010.

1. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Im utterly confused as to whether Bella is in season or not and just after advice.

She went to vets last tuesday for a general check up and she had been a little sick saturday and wasnt as bright and bubbly as normal-however still eating and playing as normal just a little more sleepy as she was during her growth spurts.

Vet gave her an internal and no bleeding and not swollen as tues afternoon she had a slight creamy yellow discharge but only very small and no more since either. But as she is humping anything and everything and I mentioned the fact she is sniffing all lamposts on walks vet said to treat this as a silent season.

So im limiting her to off peak walks and being careful where we go. Ive noticed in the last 2 days the 2 dogs at the bottom of my garden sit watching her indoors but the moment she goes out they run about chasing one another and wont come near again until she has come in....this is making her howl and howl at the fence :eek: for them so I dont know if she is in season and they are giving her a wide berth lol??

She isnt eating as much as normal however today she has been a real pig and is more happy to chill out in front of the fire rather than go for a walk. However come evening she is climbing the walls and needs a good run about.

But it struck me earlier if this isnt a season and she comes into it in a fortnight/3 weeks time I will have to go through the whole off peak walking again and for a further 3 weeks :confused1:

The vet said she is right age and has all symptom bar the bleeding and isnt really swollen so she will be in for her spay in 12 weeks time. If she does have a more obvious season between then and now obv we move the spay date back to be 3 months between.

Any ideas? I dont feel she is sick or anything like that but after reading up on seasons I was waiting for the bleeding and other more obv signs and so im in a muddle lol! All my other dogs have been male or spayed when I got them so ive never dealt with a season before now.

2. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

it certainly seems like she is mayb within the nxt few days she will bleed my bc pup whose 8.5 months went into season two weeks ago and she went off her food and her behaviour changed a week before the bleeding just b wary and keep checking. good luck as i no how frustrating this time can b. i desperate for maisie to finish so i can take her a decent walk and a run.

3. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Thank you so much for the reply :D Im also concerned as if this IS a season when to count day 1 and work out when she is safe again :confused:

4. cutekiaro1

cutekiaro1 PetForums VIP

you may be better off posting this in the breeding section you will prob get the a lot more replies from breeders or people with experience of seasons :D

5. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Can a mod move it there for me? Im on phone and cant copy it or I would do :(

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

My friend thought her cocker was late for a first season and when she took her to the vets at nearly 18months he examined her and said that she had had a silent one. Like yours she had gone thro a spate of humping everything but they mistakenly thought it was a dominance issue.
    They waited for her to have a proper season (and didnt have to wait long:lol:) before getting her spayed.

Sorry I cant offer any advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice