Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is Royal Canin any good?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Nigar2711, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Nigar2711

Nigar2711 PetForums Junior

Hi.
    I have a 5 month old British shorthair male kiiten and i was wondering if the kitten BS dry food is any good?
    I have been feeding him it for a while now along side some Bozita wet food and i checked the ingredients to find it has mainly garbage in it. Is it any good for him?
    I like the fact the food has a bigger kibble size. Is there any other dry foods that have big kibble size?

2. Bethanjane22

Bethanjane22 PetForums Senior

I used to feed my kittens with RC Dry and Wet food, then discovered how bad the ingredients were. You’ll find most members on here will advise not feeding dry at all as it can be dehydrating for cats and is usually filled with ingredients that cats don’t need.

We switched to wet food only for our two when they were around 4-5 months old and they’ve been on wet food since.

Nigar2711 and chillminx like this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I wouldn't feed a kitten any dry food at all, except maybe a few pieces as treats. Kittens need to maximise their fluid intake and this is best achieved by feeding a wet food diet. Cats have not evolved to be good drinkers, their desert ancestors got most of their fluids from their prey (e.g. a rodent such as a mouse is about 70% water).

Royal Canin dry is definitely not a food I would feed to my kitten or cat.

4. Nigar2711

Thanks for the help! Definetly sticking to wet food then.

chillminx likes this.
  5. Nigar2711

Thanks for the reply!:Cat:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice