Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is Phoebe naughty?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by NormandyMary, Feb 28, 2008.

1. NormandyMary

NormandyMary PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this board, so please be gentle with me. I have a problem with my tortie cat Phoebe who is about 10 years old. Last year, I noticed that she was leaving me little parcels of poo in the corner of the lounge. This went on for quite a while, until I could take it no longer and bought a litter tray. Phoebe used it, and eventually I withdrew it and she used the catflap.
    Well, the same thing has started up again, first weeing, then the parcels. I brought out the tray again, and she used it last night, but tonight, whilst watching telly we heard scratching, and lo and behold, she'd poo'd again behind the chair. The tray was in the kitchen.
    Now...the thing is, we live in the middle of the french countryside, and a couple of weeks ago Phoebes was attacked by something and it left her with a nasty wound on her neck. She does go in and out of the catflap, during the day and night but is obviously reluctant to "go" outside.
    Am I just making excuses for her, or is she just being a naughty girl? She eats and drinks well, though she has seemed a tad clingy lately.

Sorry this is so long but I thought you'd need the full story.

Thanks.

Mary.

2. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

Hiya Mary

If she can smell where she has done her toilet before she will go to the same place again. There are various good products on the market for completely removing any trace of it. If she is tending to go in the same place all the time, another trick you can try (its a bit drastic) but put her food dish (or a second dish of food) on the same spot. In my experience a cat will not do its business anywhere near where it eats.

Good luck
    Christine

3. may

may PetForums VIP

Do you know that torties are know as naughty torties:D:D:D

4. Saynamore

Saynamore Banned

Arnt they just May? pmsl, got the scars to prove it! :D

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Aah bless, Mary she just may not agree with your choice of programme or maybe (no offence mean't-honest) but maybe being a french tortie she wants to raise the bar a little:p:D

6. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

Every now and then my boys leave me a prezzie behind the TV. I have no clue why they do it - and i use the appropriate cleaning fluids so not to encourage them.
    A friend told me to put a lemon behind there, so i cut a fresh lemon in half - and low and behold - no more prezzies behind the TV.
    I think they just lazy and cant be bothered to walk to the litter tray sometimes.

:D

7. As far as I know - NOthing could completely eliminate a smell of poo/wee for a cat; they will always find it again and again; the only way to keep it civilised - to permanently keep a litter tray in that spot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice