Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is Naturediet the best mid-budget wet?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kam200, Apr 7, 2011.

1. kam200

kam200 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone, I'm about to order little miss Poppy some wet food and I'm just wondering if I should try her with naturediet or whether there any other wet foods that are better but of a similar price? She was originally on wainwrights but wasn't too fussed on it at all and would leave it repeatedly. She's a 5.5mth old Lhasa Apso weighing about 5kg (expected adult weight of 6.5 so nearly fully grown) so I think this time I'll order some adult food instead of the puppy food.
    Any ideas and inspiration would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Kayleigh

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I'm not sure I can give much advice but I'm in the same boat as you - Kenzie was on WW and I swapped her recently to Nature Diet because she didn't really like the WW. She seems to like the ND much better. She's currently still on the puppy one, but is now 7.5 months and nearly fully grown (or at least as big as she'll get!) so was thinking if I should start changing to adult. Would love to hear any opinions on this.

3. I have always been a firm believer that NatureDiet is one of the best! BUT! their packing is naff! and many complain about that! Doesn't bother me personally but there are many that complain about blown packs!

There are many more equal quality wet foods out there now, Zoo plus have some cracking wet (if you prefer tins) Rinti is a very good food

The weight of your dog you are not going to be using that much and you don't say but financially taking into account what you will be using the savings would not be that great if you went for one of the more expensive wet.

DT

4. kam200

kam200 PetForums Junior

Thanks I'll have a look at rinti aswell. After a long battle trying to persuade her to have some dry food I've given up and have now accepted ill be feeding a good quality wet food with some raw every couple of days and she seems a lot happier with this arrangement. She is quite a little dog so thankfully doesn't need massive portions so I'll have a gander at zooplus.
    Thanks

5. dvnbiker

dvnbiker PetForums Senior

Naturediet is good but I did find it didnt satisfy my dog enough so ended up using Natures Harvest which I think is better.

6. kam200

kam200 PetForums Junior

Hi everyone, well I went on zooplus and they had some multisave offers on so I picked up a 6 pack of the rinti 400g variety packs to see which flavours she favours and I also ordered a 12pack of the junior chicken 400g tins-I got 18 400g tins for 17.89 which aint that more expensive than the naturediet. Fingers crossed she'll like them!! :)
    Kayleigh

7. cinnamontoast

cinnamontoast Sois pas chiant, chéri.

I really like Naturediet but for protein/meat content,there's not a huge difference with Wanwrights and feeding three was starting to add up. I think ND is one of the best.

We had one blown packet, OH emailed a complaint, we're being sent free packets. :)

8. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have been feeding wainwrights as the dogs were not eating their dry food well. I tried them on nature diet and they ate one packet then didnt want to know, but I have just started them back on it for one meal a day and they are eating it though not with the same gusto as they eat the WW.
    Not really thought about trying anything else.

9. Which variety of ND did you try Blitz? One of mine will not even look at anything barring the lamb" and he positvly hates the chicken - he would starve rather then eat it! but they both LOVE the lamb! and I prefer the lamb too as it happens:eek::eek::eek:

10. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Has anyone noticed that the lamb one seems "moister" lately? Bought a couple when we were away and they were "wetter" than before and not so firm?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice