UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
G

·
Sorry that is a question that can Not be told by a picture like said before! Health tests need to be done before people can judge if this dog is good and healthy enought to sire a litter

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
He might look good but you can't be sure until you have health tests done.

My GSD looks amazing but the breed has bad problems with the hips and I won't know her hip score until I get her tested.

G

·
Hi,
As I've already explained,he has a few faults and he is a nice dog,however in my opinion he does not look like possible stud material and could not really add anything in terms of quality and improvement into the breed as a whole.

If you think otherwise,show him and let those with years and years of experience go over him and give you an honest opinion.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
everyone thinks there dog is the best but it doesn`t mean they should be bred from,please listen to everyones advice and get him neutered,the country doesn`t need anymore staffies in it

G

·
Please answer me this, if he is this great dog that is good enough for the ring why are you not out there kicking ass..

·
Banned
2,256 Posts
i no what ya saying look at pic he caint be knocked he is show material
I'm not staffy expert but he looks like he has queen anne legs to me.

If you think he is show material the best thing is to show him first. Health tests are not cheap so it would be best to check that he is suitable for breeding before going to the expense of having all the tests done.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i didnt no i got him 4 my sons 3rd birthday only now i have really seen what he is i have taken ur advice it is very helpful but i dont no were 2 start 2 show him

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
i think it does ur place is full of every dog breed so dont pick on staffs
Do you know why lots of people buy staffies? There are wonderful staffy owners, most of which are on this forum but some buy/breed them to fight, and when they get old they use them as punching bags then abandon them. Is that any way for a staff to live? Please think about this before you decide to breed. Will you know where your pups are going? How can you be sure that those people will truly love the pups?

Look at what some people do to this breed:

G

·
i didnt no i got him 4 my sons 3rd birthday only now i have really seen what he is i have taken ur advice it is very helpful but i dont no were 2 start 2 show him
Find your nearest ringcraft classes,look in the dog press for local and CH shows and send for a schedule,fill it in and send it off with your entry fee.

Go to a few shows and watch how SBT's are handled and shown,talk to breeders and exhibitors and get a feel for it.
Where abouts do you live and I'll give you the numbers of the nearest breed club so you can ask if they have any ringcraft near you.
In some parts of the UK SBT's have their own ringcraft classes :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.