Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is my routine that predictable!?!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mum to Missy, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

I'd never thought that I had a routine in the morning until now.

It does depend on whether I have to take my son to work in the morning but it usually goes, have breakfast and feed the pets, the order of that depends on if I've taken son to work or not, then it's have shower and wash, get dressed, wash up, dust and hoover around usually put the washing machine on, check the garden for any pressies that Jack has left, then it's time for a cuppa and my first visit of the day to the world wide web to check emails, PF and the like, usually when I sit at the computer Missy is curled up either on my lap or in front of the keyboard.

This morning I'd done all the above got my coffee and came through to the computer and there she was sat on the desk waiting for me, and my bum hadn't touched the seat before she was clambering to sit on my lap :D

I wonder what she'd do if I stayed off the PC for a day :D

2. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

She'd meow and demand that you sat down so she can have a computer cuddle:D

3. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Aren't they amazing? :D
    I keep Phoebe's logic gel in the bathroom, so every morning when I go to the bathroom she follows, lies down on the laundry basket and waits.
    I brush my teeth and wash my face, then turn around to get a towel ...
    This is when Phoebe stands up and looks at me ...
    If I'm not quick enough, she starts pacing a little, walks on the edge of the bath, coming towards me and meowing :rolleyes:
    Yes, it's time for her logic gel, which she loves.
    Now, when I brush my teeth in the evening, she lies on the laundry basket waiting for me, but she knows it's not time for her logic gel, so nothing happens.
    Last week or so, I woke up at 4am to go to the toilet and because I had smoked mackerel for dinner <and so did Phoebe of course...> I just felt the need to brush my teeth again. So I brushed my teeth, reaching out for the towel, Phoebe's up demanding her logic gel!
    I tried explaining that it's not a proper morning yet, it's not the time, but no, she needs to have it NOW!
    I said, ok, no probs, you can have it now, but you're not getting it again when I get up properly at 7.
    So in the morning, I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, Phoebe's on the laundry basket, I reach out for the towel, look back at her and ... NOTHING :w00t:
    How did she know?! :eek:

4. Mum to Missy

Mum to Missy PetForums VIP

I love all these things they do, my dogs have always got used to a routine but I never thought Missy would seeing as I thought cats were really independent, but Missy doesn't seem to be, either that or she's a very good actress :D

5. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

We have the opposite routine in our house, Luna gets her logic gel just before we go to bed after her dinner, but she HATES it. And will spend the next 30 mins trying to hide from me as soon as I go into the cupboard! :rolleyes:

6. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Well, this morning I started my usual work routine. Spooks, as is always the case on work days, wasn't at all pleased and howled like a banshee until I gave him rushed cuddles.

However, the student I support got in touch to say she's unwell so I'm working from home now and he's one happy camper :D

(Oh, and just to add, you're lucky that Phoebe likes Logic, Joy! I get the cold shoulder- for all of 5 minutes ;) - after Spooks has his. Hates the stuff!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice