Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is my Parakeet in trouble?

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by PrettyPippin, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PrettyPippin

PrettyPippin PetForums Newbie

Help!

I just got my Parakeet today and I wanted to know if it was normal that she is not moving without interference, eating, drinking, or chirping? she is sitting on her pirch quietly and opening and closing her beak without stopping

Please reply even if you don't know

#1 PrettyPippin, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. Honeyhashbrowns

Honeyhashbrowns PetForums Newbie

I'm sorry to hear this. But maybe some encouragement to move around her cage, try to bribe her with some millet. Put your finger in between the bars with some millet before you put your hand in her cage. If she comes to take it then do that everyday for about 2-3 days.

Put your hand in the cage with some millet on your finger, get her use to coming to you. But don't let her only eat out of your finger. Try to get her to come to the food bowl. If she doesn't, don't be discouraged. Birds take time for everything, hope that helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice