Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is my dog smart?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Matheus W.M, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Matheus W.M

Matheus W.M PetForums Newbie

I have a shitzu and when we are having lunch in the kitchen, he begins to look at us through the reflection of the stove mirror in order to get our attention and give some meat or chicken to him.This is amazing and i'd like to know what you guys think and whether your dog does something similar or has unique skills!

Muttly likes this.
  2. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

When our Oscar gets back from his walk and has dried his paws, I'll get him to type his answer for you.:)

3. Matheus W.M

Matheus W.M PetForums Newbie

fair enough

4. Muttly

Muttly Fluffy Mutts Rule!

Yup, I thought this pretty clever too.
    If we are sat on the sofa eating then Muttly will sit facing the fireplace (so he's facing away from us) which is reflective. (we don't allow him to sit and stare at us) I spotted him watching me in the reflection of it while I was eating and I thought "you clever little boy!" :)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

My last retriever seemed to understand mirrors quite well. I often used to glance in the rear view mirror of the car and find her watching me as I drove, a sort of back seat driver. She also used to sit beside me by the bed as I was brushing my hair etc in the morning watching my reflection in the mirror. I suppose it pleased her to be sat beside me, usually leaning against me and being able to watch what I was doing.

Muttly likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice