Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is my cat pregnant

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by elliecat123, Mar 19, 2018.

1. elliecat123

elliecat123 PetForums Junior

Hi
    My cat had her first season about 2-3 weeks ago. Over past week she has been digging in places (I think to find a safe place) today she did a playful meow then sprayed on my apples (she has never sprayed inside the house before) I've noticed lumps on her belly there's 4-6 lumps around the nipple areas but not exactly there.
    Could she be pregnant? There is no swelling in her belly and apart from the above she is completly herself she had a cold not long ago so lost her appetite but that' back to normal she eats and drinks well

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Whether she's pregnant or not the best option would be to get her spayed ASAP.

spotty cats likes this.
  3. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

How old is she? Has she been outside during her heat? Is there any particular reason you think she could be pregnant? - 2 to 3 weeks is too soon for her to start looking for a nest.
    Some cats get enlarged nipples when they are calling (in heat) and also spray at this time too. You really need to speak to your vet and get her spayed as soon as possible.

4. elliecat123

elliecat123 PetForums Junior

Hi
    She is booked in the spayed she' just turned 1. She did go out in heat but not for long she had a Tom cat calling for her and it scared her so we kept her in.
    Only reason I thought she was pregnant was the digging and I didn't know that about nipples in she' in heat that's good to know

5. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

Glad to hear she's booked in to be spayed, it's important she's done as a matter of urgency. Feline pregnancy is 9 weeks, at 2-3 weeks she is still early enough to be spayed even if pregnant.

spotty cats and moggie14 like this.
  6. My cat 2

My cat 2 PetForums Newbie

Hello is my cat pregnant she has started claeing my kids backets changed being very frendly bigger belly

7. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

If she isn't spayed and she has been out then sadly she probably is. :mad:

8. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

You would be better starting your own thread

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice