Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is my cat poorly?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SassyH, May 27, 2010.

1. SassyH

SassyH PetForums Member

I have noticed Sooty 'licking' her lips quite often today (only way to describ it) and whils she was sitting on me she shivered every so often. I have heard a few sneezes over the last few days, but could that be change of weather? The corners of her eyes have always had 'sleep' in them and the vet never said anything about it. She has been vaccinated and has been inside pretty much since then. Her appetite is fine, her toilets are normal and she still is her cuddly self. Is there anything else I should be looking out for? How does she sound to you guys?
    Thank you :)

2. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Really hard to say but could she have sat in the draught in the good weather and caught a chill perhaps? My cats lick their lips when they have a runny nose (they also use their paw to rub their noses). I would keep an eye on her and see how she is over the next 24 hours.

Do you happen to have a pet vitamin thingy that you could give her to give her system a boost?

3. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

Like Hobbs2004 says, it hard to say. If your cat seems worse since your post though, it might be worth getting getting her into a morning surgery tomorrow just to be on the safe side. Guess they would just give her an anti-biotics, but that might be all that's needed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice