Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is Lucky In Season??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by 5rivers79, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 5rivers79

5rivers79 PetForums VIP

Sammy has been very interested in Lucky the last few days. Keeps licking her especially her bits and keeps wanting to hump her. She was lying down last night and her privates looked huge!

At the moment she tells him off or we stop him. When we found her it looked like she had recently had pups. The vets too also confirmed this theory.

Can she get back in season so soon? I dont want two rampant dogs together if they are! What signs should i keep an eye out for so i know when to keep them apart?

Cheers guys.

2. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

It's imminent, so yes, sounds like she is coming into season.

ETA her privates being hugh is one sign. Sammy being very interested is another. So keep them separated. :)

3. 5rivers79

5rivers79 PetForums VIP

But already?? Only found her two months ago!

4. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Sounds like it.

Not knowing your setup there is there any chance to pass one of the dogs for a couple of weeks to a relative/friend for safe keeping. Having a bitch in season and an intact male is difficult. We recently went through it ourselves.

5. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

So Lucky isn't going to get lucky then......

6. 5rivers79

5rivers79 PetForums VIP

Unfortunately no..all my relatives are sh** scared of them lool

How difficult can it get?

7. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

it very difficult. Been there myself. Had two males and a female and it was so hard keeping them apart, but I just about managed it! One male was done and the other was not, but both were equally interested. :rolleyes:

8. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

It's not something to underestimate but is possible. Depends on how you separate them, layout of house etc, baby gates... Plan for total separation when they will do almost anything to get together.

9. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I know a dog that ate his way through the kitchen door

10. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

I know this sounds a bit sick, but any way of taking a picture so that we can maybe tell how long until she actually comes in to season?

I will be going through this with Pebbles in about 2 months, oh the joys!

you will have to understand that she will be trying to flaunt it in his face and he will be trying to get to her aswell! So you will have two dogs trying to get at each other.

isnt there a jab to delay her coming in to season? It could help you get somewhere temporary>?

11. Jugsmalone

Jugsmalone PetForums VIP

Just a warning 5, dont make the mistake I made many years ago , which resulted in Coles being brought into the world. If your dog's can open door handles, do not rely on doors to keep them separated.

12. clairesdogs

clairesdogs PetForums Member

We've been though this in the last few weeks, it was hell! I ended up going and staying at my mums with our boy and the OH stayed at home with the girls, We had constand crying, howling and he was off his food

If I were you I'd book Sammy into a kennel if keeping them apart isn't possible. Ateast in her most fertile time.

13. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Sounds like its imminent! As already been said, you need to keep them separated at all times and with 2 powerful breeds that could be difficult, I doubt doors would stop them :eek: and the last thing the you want is a litter of ambukita's!!!! Especially as you know nothing about mum (that and the fact that her bearing pups twice in one year would be awful)

14. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Her vulva will start to swell and she will start to bleed. If she is a very clean dog it might be hard to spot the blood so keep checking and use a tissue to wipe inside her vulva and see if it comes away stained.

As others have said they will have to be totally and permanently separated for up to 4 weeks, not an easy job . I trust you will get her spayed after this season.

15. sianrees1979

sianrees1979 PetForums VIP

sounds like she's coming into season, dinky is coming into season with me, dai started to get intrested in her 2 weeks ago so i kept a eye on her, put her in her crate at night instead of in my bed, she is now in the first few days so i have seperated her, she is in a play pen, when she's out dai goes behind the baby gate by the front door for her to have a run around and go out toilet etc, then she's back in her pen for dai to go toilet (he mainly sniffs where she's been) also when i went for my driving lesson this morning he was in my bedroom behind a baby gate and she was in her crate in the other bedroom, i guess i'm lucky they are mini dachshunds so really no problem except dai's neanderthal behaviour :D she'll be going to my sisters tomorrow while i take dai to town with me, also lucky lexington our german shepherd has been fixed or i would have turned to drink by now :rolleyes:

good luck to you to keep them seperate, also when she's out of season get her spayed so you won't have these problems in the future.

16. 5rivers79

5rivers79 PetForums VIP

Eating through doors?? :eek: Nahh you're joking right??

Im gonna take a photo of her bits cos right now its looking normal again! How can she come into season two months after giving pups?

And what on earth is a Ambukita? :eek::eek::eek:

17. hawksport

hawksport Banned

No I'm serious. He was through one door and had made a start on the next one when they got home

18. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

She may of had the pups a couple of months before u found her though and got dumped when pups were weaned and she was of no further use :( and they are pregnant for near enough 2 months so that would make it 6 months since her last season ;)

You would be surprised the lengths a dog would go to to get to a bith in heat, and Sammy is no lightweight! So yes i would imagine doors and babygates wouldn't pose much of an obstacle to him :dita: lol

Oh and ambukita = me making up yet another silly cross breed name ;) ha ha American bull dog x akita!

19. Oenoke

Oenoke PetForums VIP

My girl came in season 6 weeks after having her pups, just as they were weaned!

20. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

a friends dog was in season and i didnt think anything of it, i took marley round there like i always do. He has never been interested in her when shes been in season before and he has had the chop. I was called in to the kitchen by my daughter who said " mummy, marley is stuck to kisha" he had managed to tie with her, it lasted for nearly half hour :eek: :eek: :eek: I didnt even know this was possible :confused: where theres a will theres a way i suppose. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THAT lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice