Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is it worth getting the exterminators in?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by skeenusmcgeenus, Nov 26, 2019.

1. skeenusmcgeenus

skeenusmcgeenus PetForums Newbie

My cat has got fleas...Advantage seems to be working as I'm finding a lot of dead fleas about. I've gone through 3 cans of staykil and hoover daily.

But it seems like I'm fighting a losing battle. They have decreased somewhat, but it's driving me crazy. It's been six weeks now

Do you think it's worth getting the exterminators in? I've been quoted £137 by the council for one chemical treatment...and privately I've been quoted £360! That's not happening

Thanks

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

chillminx likes this.
  3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

@skeenusmcgeenus - I'd want to know exactly what chemicals the council would be using, and what strength, before allowing them to fumigate my house! You would probably be required to move out of the house for 24 hours because of the toxicity of the chemicals used.

When you treat the house yourself you can do it room by room so there's always somewhere safe for you and the cat to be while the chemicals are working.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

I had a house flea treated by the council years ago when I purchased it full of fleas.

I didn't have to move out for any period of time, BUT I didn't have cats then....

5. skeenusmcgeenus

skeenusmcgeenus PetForums Newbie

did it work?

got quoted 900 quid for a heating treatment which kills all the fleas on the day....900 QUID!!! no chance

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice