Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

is it worth bothering??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sid&kira, Apr 5, 2011.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Keyu has to have her 2nd puppy vaccs next week, the previous owners got her a month ago and didnt know if she had had them, so get her the 1st lot.

But they took her out on beaches, on walks with other dogs, through woods, she's played in rivers, shes been to the dog park, she's walked through town and parks, met loads of other dogs.

is it worth even getting them done?? she might have already had them

2. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I say this an annoying amount on here

But better safe than sorry

How would you feel if you didn't get them and your dog got something you could have prevented? Just because the dog hasn't had any problems till now from being outside doesn't guarantee that they won't in the future.

3. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

I personally would prob get them done :) but maybe have word with your vet she is young and if this is more puppy vacs its a lot to the system hope you get it sorted :)

4. SixStar

SixStar Banned

How old is she? If under 6 months, then I'd say yes, but if any older, then I wouldn't bother- just get her the booster vacc instead.

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

If I remember rightly shes 6mths? She could have already been vaccinated fully, before they got her, (Again from memory your her 3rd home?) If she has already had an extra one, then its a hell of a lot of combined live vaccine in a short time. If you are worried, you could have her antibody titre tested instead, that would probably be preferable to over vaccinating and that way you would know for deffinate shes covred and oK.

6. Will@GowerVets

Will@GowerVets PetForums Newbie

Can you prove she has had them? if not she is not covered by insurance and is at risk of killer disease that thankfully we rarely see now (thanks ONLY to vaccination.)

I have seen and lost cases of parvo and lepto. All of these could and should have been prevented.

Vaccines are a good thing.

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

shes now 7 months, she was 6 months when the previous owners got her

insurance would still be valid for everything still except preventable illnesses like parvo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice