Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it true?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dogwatcher, Feb 4, 2008.

1. dogwatcher

dogwatcher PetForums Newbie

My hubbie told his uncle we were going to get a dog in the future, his uncle said we shouldn't get one because the hair could be a problem for our daughters lungs, if she kisses the animal or something. I told my hubbie I wouldn't let our daughter kiss the dog, nor would I either. Would shedding hair be a problem? I hoover everthday anyway, and I could brush the dog everyday too, it won't matter. Turkish people don't understand much about pets, so I am sure he is over dramatising.

2. dogwatcher

dogwatcher PetForums Newbie

oh yes forgot to say, I am thinking about a pug, just sounds so suitable for us, as long as shedding isn't going to cause a problem for my young daughter.

3. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

does your daughter have allergies or asthma? these are two reasons that your daughter might have a problem with dog hairs, and even then some breeds are non moulting such as poodles and they shouldnt cause any breathing difficulties,

otherwise I would not think she should have a problem, I have young children who have been around dogs all their lives and have not suffered with any problems as a result. My children hug and have close contact with my 4 dogs and do not have any lung problems. I hope this has been some help.

I expect some members will have other thoughts on the matter but I know many of them have both children and dogs that are fine together :)

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

As vixie said above :)
    I have been bought up with dogs and so have my children from day one and i have had no probs what so ever.
    As for the kissing part, my children have always given our dogs a hello or goodbye kiss and cuddle with no probs, But i will say and no doubt you obviously know to not let dogs lick the childrens faces etc :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice