Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Is it right that suspects should be named?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, May 27, 2010.

?

SHOULD SUSPECTS BE NAMED BEFORE THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND GUILTY

1. NO

26 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. YES

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. DON'T KNOW

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I was watching the news this morning and the police are holding a guy on suspicion of killing 3 women.I personaly think its wrong to name someone until they have been found guilty of a crime.If this guy is found to be innocent his name will still be linked to the crime.What do you think?

2. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i have to agree with you, it`s wrong to name them until there`s proof otherwise they`re gonna have a load of hassle even if they`re found innocent.

3. vickie1985

vickie1985 PetForums VIP

ive put i dont know, simply because it depends how strong they think they are guilty.

for example....Bob, killed Bill...
    10 people saw him do it and rang police, They havent stood up in court yet, but they know its him...

then i think its ok to name them.

4. jen24

jen24 Banned

I agree, innocent until proven guilty as they say. its not fair to name them in case they turn out to be innocent.

5. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

I agree with you Janice as I think a lot of cases like this are trial by media. He is found guilty before it has even gone to trial and then it becomes very difficult to find a jury that is unbiased.

6. Mollydoodle

Mollydoodle Banned

I havnt voted coz I thingk it depends on the crime and the amount of proof. The police have good proof about this example but in the case of rape unless proven wiv dna names shud be kept private until proofed gilty

7. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Agreed. Innocent until proven guilty should be exactly that.

8. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Yeah I agree if they aint 100 percent certain then they shouldnt endeavour to ruin somebodys life or reputation it can never be fixed once tarnished, too many people have been proven innocent after the damage is already done :(

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

But surely, suspect is just that.I would hate to think that either myself or someone i know was named in a crime and then it came to light we were innocent.Murder and rape cases as an example get such high publicity even if proven innocent mud sticks.

10. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I agree Janice :)

Though to be honest I can think of someone who needs to be named and shamed in the papers :mad:

11. rona

rona Guest

I agree, unless they are looking for someone suspected of a serious crime, and need to have help or warn the public

12. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

only if found guilty or you get morons with their pinch forks trying to take the law in their own hands

13. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

It's 11 months today since my son was Murdered and I am glad he was named in the paper, I am also glad he is in jail even though he has not been found guilty yet. There were 3 witnesses with Lyle and 5 other people with the accused. There is no doubt that he did it though now its just a matter of stupid lawyers trying to get him off with a lighter sentence. United we stand...Justice for Lyle..

Acacia86 likes this.
  14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I agree with you here, and not only him but is whole family will suffer aswell. But DEFO if they are found Guilty.

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

aw this must be a hard day for you xx

canuckjill likes this.
  16. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

17. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Life for a Life I reckon, if they prove they took a life then they should get it too. It is so unfair and you have waited such a long time too. I hope he gets everything thrown at him and he rotts in hell. RIP Lyle. God bless you Canuckjill. xxxxxxxxx((((((((hugs)))))))) wish I could give them to you in person.

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Jill i can't even pretend to understand how you must feel hun.I only know your heart must hurt like nothing i can imagin.I hope the monster (i'm being polite) rots in hell for what he did to your son and his family.xxxxx

canuckjill likes this.
  19. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

I wasn't aware that such a terrible thing had happened to your son and your family Jill. Words can't undo the wrong that's been done, but I hope they help in a small way. I'm really sorry to hear about your terrible loss.

20. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I think we can all show some compasion for the named when its not so close to home and my god you cant get closer than your own son, i know if it was one of my family i would want them named.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice